Interesting sight ...

elyob

Guest
Well, that was an odd one, was just passing under Teddington bridge, and
continue along towards Kingston when I came across a slightly perculiar
sight. Two foxes bottom to bottom staring at me. I stopped and after a split
second they decided to run away in different directions, however they were,
well, conjoined. Ended up running sideways for a few seconds until they
finally untangled and went their different ways. Was this some sort of odd
mating thing? I would have thought foxes mount as per every other four
legged animal ...

Quite comical though.

Few minutes later passed a bloke, 100 metres later his dog ran out in front
of me. I braked heavily, turned back and told the bloke what happened. He
apologised and then I suggested he met the rules of the shared path and keep
the mutt under control. It was at this point he started swearing. At this
point I mentioned a leash would be more appropriate for him. Anyway, didn't
come to blows, but if it had I'd have just picked his dog up and chucked it
in the Thames. (probably not really, I'd have punted it in). ;)

Oh well, another day another cyclist hater.

"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well, that was an odd one, was just passing under Teddington bridge, and
> continue along towards Kingston when I came across a slightly perculiar
> sight. Two foxes bottom to bottom staring at me. I stopped and after a
> split second they decided to run away in different directions, however
> they were, well, conjoined. Ended up running sideways for a few seconds
> until they finally untangled and went their different ways. Was this some
> sort of odd mating thing? I would have thought foxes mount as per every
> other four legged animal ...
>
> Quite comical though.

Funnily enough, conjoined quadrupeds was a topic of conversation that I had
with a colleague. It was quite a common sight when I was a nipper with
local dogs and *****es engaged in this strange tug of war ritual. This post
coital phenomenon probably isn't as common as it used to be because there
are fewer dogs allowed out to roam the streets. I've not seen the
phenomenon for the past thirty years or so. I was certainly asked about it
in 1984 in my first year of science teaching: 'Sir.....why do dogs get
stuck together?.....snigger....'. 'Animal magnetism.' says I neatly
sidestepping the trap and introducing major scienctific misconceptions
amongst some of the sexually naive pupils.

"vernon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Well, that was an odd one, was just passing under Teddington bridge, and
>> continue along towards Kingston when I came across a slightly perculiar
>> sight. Two foxes bottom to bottom staring at me. I stopped and after a
>> split second they decided to run away in different directions, however
>> they were, well, conjoined. Ended up running sideways for a few seconds
>> until they finally untangled and went their different ways. Was this some
>> sort of odd mating thing? I would have thought foxes mount as per every
>> other four legged animal ...
>>
>> Quite comical though.
>>

> Funnily enough, conjoined quadrupeds was a topic of conversation that I
> had with a colleague. It was quite a common sight when I was a nipper
> with local dogs and *****es engaged in this strange tug of war ritual.
> This post coital phenomenon probably isn't as common as it used to be
> because there are fewer dogs allowed out to roam the streets. I've not
> seen the phenomenon for the past thirty years or so. I was certainly
> asked about it in 1984 in my first year of science teaching: 'Sir.....why
> do dogs get stuck together?.....snigger....'. 'Animal magnetism.' says I
> neatly sidestepping the trap and introducing major scienctific
> misconceptions amongst some of the sexually naive pupils.

Well, a little bit of googling brought up this BBC article ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/features/329feature2.shtml

"Eventually, they mate. As soon as the pair have finished mating, they
'lock', a behaviour unique to the dog family. The vixen contracts onto the
male's penis, and he lifts a hind leg over her back, leaving them standing
back-to-back for up to an hour or longer."

Hope I didn't interrupt too quickly ... Still, a silly place for them to
lock for an hour or so. I'd suggest they get a room.

"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well, that was an odd one, was just passing under Teddington bridge, and
> continue along towards Kingston when I came across a slightly perculiar
> sight. Two foxes bottom to bottom staring at me. I stopped and after a
> split second they decided to run away in different directions, however
> they were, well, conjoined. Ended up running sideways for a few seconds
> until they finally untangled and went their different ways. Was this some
> sort of odd mating thing? I would have thought foxes mount as per every
> other four legged animal ...
>
> Quite comical though.

Unless you're one of the foxes...

Peter

elyob wrote:

>"vernon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Well, that was an odd one, was just passing under Teddington bridge, and
>>> continue along towards Kingston when I came across a slightly perculiar
>>> sight. Two foxes bottom to bottom staring at me. I stopped and after a
>>> split second they decided to run away in different directions, however
>>> they were, well, conjoined.

>> Funnily enough, conjoined quadrupeds was a topic of conversation that I
>> had with a colleague. It was quite a common sight when I was a nipper
>> with local dogs and *****es engaged in this strange tug of war ritual.

> I was certainly
>> asked about it in 1984 in my first year of science teaching: 'Sir.....why
>> do dogs get stuck together?.....snigger....'. 'Animal magnetism.' says I

>"Eventually, they mate. As soon as the pair have finished mating, they
>'lock', a behaviour unique to the dog family. The vixen contracts onto the
>male's penis, and he lifts a hind leg over her back, leaving them standing
>back-to-back for up to an hour or longer."

It's more a case of the dog's penis expanding. Knotting together like
this is his way of making sure his sperm get a good head start before
disengaging and letting the *****/vixen go on her way to attract
another mate.

(elyob) wrote:

> Well, that was an odd one, was just passing under Teddington bridge,
> and continue along towards Kingston when I came across a slightly
> perculiar sight. Two foxes bottom to bottom staring at me. I stopped
> and after a split second they decided to run away in different
> directions, however they were, well, conjoined. Ended up running
> sideways for a few seconds until they finally untangled and went
> their different ways. Was this some sort of odd mating thing? I would
> have thought foxes mount as per every other four legged animal ...
>
> Quite comical though.

They had just mated. I've only ever seen it once, when my dog took
advantage of a passing ***** on a public beach about 35 years ago.
Luckily the owner of the other dog wasn't about at the time.

"Phil Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> elyob wrote:
>
>>"vernon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Funnily enough, conjoined quadrupeds was a topic of conversation that I
>>> had with a colleague. It was quite a common sight when I was a nipper
>>> with local dogs and *****es engaged in this strange tug of war ritual.

>> I was certainly
>>> asked about it in 1984 in my first year of science teaching:
>>> 'Sir.....why
>>> do dogs get stuck together?.....snigger....'. 'Animal magnetism.' says

>>"Eventually, they mate. As soon as the pair have finished mating, they
>>'lock', a behaviour unique to the dog family. The vixen contracts onto the
>>male's penis, and he lifts a hind leg over her back, leaving them standing
>>back-to-back for up to an hour or longer."

> It's more a case of the dog's penis expanding. Knotting together like
> this is his way of making sure his sperm get a good head start before
> disengaging and letting the *****/vixen go on her way to attract
> another mate.

After all that ... I'd just roll over ...

On 01/10/2007 23:17:00 [email protected] (Terry) wrote:

> (elyob) wrote:

>> Well, that was an odd one, was just passing under Teddington bridge, and
>> continue along towards Kingston when I came across a slightly perculiar
>> sight. Two foxes bottom to bottom staring at me. I stopped and after a
>> split second they decided to run away in different directions, however
>> they were, well, conjoined. Ended up running sideways for a few seconds
>> until they finally untangled and went their different ways. Was this
>> some sort of odd mating thing? I would have thought foxes mount as per
>> every other four legged animal ...

>> Quite comical though.

> They had just mated. I've only ever seen it once, when my dog took
> advantage of a passing ***** on a public beach about 35 years ago. Luckily
> the owner of the other dog wasn't about at the time.

Not only that, they were thinking "typical, another perv on a bike, how
would you like it if we came to watch you post shag?"
--

Buck

Give a little person a little power and create a big problem.

http://www.catrike.co.uk

A photo can be found by doing a Google Image search for "mating foxes".
It appears that the technical term for the mating of foxes is "yiffing".
There's a Wikipedia article on "yiff" which begins

> The term has been popularised by the furry fandom Internet roleplaying
> MU* community (in particular, FurryMUCK), originally intended as an
> onomatopoeic representation of the rumored sound made by mating foxes
> and, naturally, those who play anthropomorphic fox characters.

Hmmmm ...

Kenneth MacKenzie said the following on 11/01/2007 10:01:
> A photo can be found by doing a Google Image search for "mating foxes".
> It appears that the technical term for the mating of foxes is "yiffing".
> There's a Wikipedia article on "yiff" which begins
>
>> The term has been popularised by the furry fandom Internet roleplaying
>> MU* community (in particular, FurryMUCK), originally intended as an
>> onomatopoeic representation of the rumored sound made by mating foxes
>> and, naturally, those who play anthropomorphic fox characters.

> Hmmmm ...

Indeed. I can just imagine an actor playing an anthropomorphic fox in a
Walt Disney production needing to know about "yiffing" :)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

In article <[email protected]>, Paul
Boyd
usenet.dont.work@plusnet says...
> Kenneth MacKenzie said the following on 11/01/2007 10:01:
> > A photo can be found by doing a Google Image search for "mating foxes".
> > It appears that the technical term for the mating of foxes is "yiffing".
> > There's a Wikipedia article on "yiff" which begins
> >
> >> The term has been popularised by the furry fandom Internet roleplaying
> >> MU* community (in particular, FurryMUCK), originally intended as an
> >> onomatopoeic representation of the rumored sound made by mating foxes
> >> and, naturally, those who play anthropomorphic fox characters.

> > Hmmmm ...

> Indeed. I can just imagine an actor playing an anthropomorphic fox in a
> Walt Disney production needing to know about "yiffing" :)

Walt Disney's Fox and The Hound, the Director's Cut - rated R.
:)