Interesting site to calculate your cycling distance

I think conceptually the site is great, but I wonder if it would be possible to add a "follow roads" function similar to mapmyride.com? I'll say sorry in advance in case you already have it and I'm just blind.

Thanks for sharing. I may give your program a try soon.
I typically create the routes for my group and then distribute the link for the route and the opportunity to download data for those who use the Garmin Edge. I always like to see more web based alternatives for mapping tools.

I see that you allowed for the creation of a GPX file, but do you have any intention to add the ability to export to a TCX file to be loaded directly to the Edge unit?

Do you think you will update your web mapping tool to include auto routing like Mapmyride rather than picking points along the way?

On my blog I have a number of map creation websites listed. If you site turns out to be user friendly I will add you to my link list on my blog.

Felt_Rider:auto routing feature is already available by right clicking on the map.

I will try to add soon TCX export, when it is ready, I will keep you informed to the tests.

I will be glad to have link on your blog :)

Stephen17000 said:
Felt_Rider:auto routing feature is already available by right clicking on the map.

I will try to add soon TCX export, when it is ready, I will keep you informed to the tests.

I will be glad to have link on your blog :)

Very good then and thanks for pointing out the auto routing feature.
I will add your link to my blog soon.

Jesse

I have to admit I wasn't expecting much when I went to your site, but I was impressed. Your map is the most current I've seen on any of the route creating sites. A bridge was built to connect to roads in our town three years ago, and yours is the only map that shows that completed connection.

The only suggestions I can make are to, if possible, increase the size of the map window, and as someone else mentioned, offer the ability to export in .tcx format. Sometimes Garmin 705's don't like .gpx files created outside the unit. With the tcx format, we can use the file as a course or track, and from then on, use the gpx file Garmin creates from using the course or track file once. Also, I think some space could be saved if some of the options shown could be selected in pop-up windows instead of how they're presented now.

Nice job. I bookmarked your site and will use it the next time I create a file.

Hi,

Alienator, thanks for the message.

Felt_Rider :Thanks you very much for the new blog entry about Sport distance calculator and the link on the right side bar. I add a link here to your blog.

I add on the site the TCX Export feature, could you test it and give me your feedback and tell me if you encounter an error, or if there are changes to be done.

See you

very nice, much better than that POS "map my ride".

how do you get the elevation profile graph in americanize (ft instead of m) ?

blkhotrod said:
very nice, much better than that POS "map my ride".

how do you get the elevation profile graph in americanize (ft instead of m) ?

For the moment you can't, but i will add the options soon.
I'll keep you informed when the feature is added.