Interesting Training Runs Doug...

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Globaldisc, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Globaldisc

    Globaldisc Guest

    Tags:


  2. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    Globaldisc wrote:

    > Doug lives "Upstate" (the region of this news story in New York State).

    Many years back I was offered promotion, raise and a parcel of hookers to work in the Binghamton
    area. It took me all of ten seconds to politely decline.
    >
    > Don't worry....I won't turn you in to the Authorities....

    Whew!
    >
    > http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=1162707

    The two hour drive is tough in the winter and I change in the car. Good catch!

    --
    Doug Freese "Caveat Lector" [email protected]
     
  3. Doug Gilliam

    Doug Gilliam Guest

    Hello,

    Not sure if you were referring to me or not since I've posted a couple of messages saying I'm
    training in upstate NY. I doesn't matter, I'll reply anyway.

    I'm training in Utica, NY which is about 100 miles north of Binghamton and is upstate. Binghamton
    is just a few miles from the Pennsylvania border so it isn't upstate, it's in the southernmost
    part of NY.

    I realize it was a joke but I wanted to comment on the Geography anyway. It's too cold up here for
    me to be running in the nude :).

    Later,

    Doug Gilliam (The Other Doug)

    "Doug Freese" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    >
    > Globaldisc wrote:
    >
    > > Doug lives "Upstate" (the region of this news story in New York State).
    >
    > Many years back I was offered promotion, raise and a parcel of hookers to work in the Binghamton
    > area. It took me all of ten seconds to politely decline.
    > >
    > > Don't worry....I won't turn you in to the Authorities....
    >
    > Whew!
    > >
    > > http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=1162707
    >
    > The two hour drive is tough in the winter and I change in the car. Good catch!
    >
    >
    > --
    > Doug Freese "Caveat Lector" [email protected]
     
  4. Dot

    Dot Guest

    Doug Gilliam wrote:

    >
    > I'm training in Utica, NY which is about 100 miles north of Binghamton and is upstate. Binghamton
    > is just a few miles from the Pennsylvania border so it isn't upstate, it's in the southernmost
    > part of NY.
    >

    I'm glad to see there's at least one New York state resident that knows geography :) I used to work
    at a scout camp in the tri-state area (NY, NJ, PA), but the kids were from Longg Island and kept
    referring to it as "upstate" New York. But I do have friends that live in Massena (sp?) or someplace
    close by, which I think most would consider upstate NY.

    Dot

    --
    "Success is different things to different people" -Bernd Heinrich in Racing the Antelope
     
  5. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    Doug Gilliam wrote:

    > I'm training in Utica, NY which is about 100 miles north of Binghamton and is upstate.

    A nice drive up rt 12. :)

    > Binghamton is just a few miles from the Pennsylvania border so it isn't upstate, it's in the
    > southernmost part of NY.

    The most southern of the western part of the state? :) Anything from Kingston(the first Capital of
    NY) is more south then Binghamton.

    > I realize it was a joke but I wanted to comment on the Geography anyway. It's too cold up here for
    > me to be running in the nude :).

    Drive to Ithaca and run with the Cornell coeds - you will not notice the cold and they love guys in
    the nude. :)

    --
    Doug Freese "Caveat Lector" [email protected]
     
  6. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    Dot wrote:

    > I'm glad to see there's at least one New York state resident that knows geography :)

    Amen! I think NY'ers are geography challenged. If you live in NYC anything north of the Bronx is
    Upstate. Places like Plattsburg are on another planet or very upstate.

    Donovan/Andrew, as city boys what do you consider upstate?

    If you want to really get a pissing contest going ask where the Catskill mountains start and
    then duck.

    But I do have friends that live in Massena (sp?) or
    > someplace close by, which I think most would consider upstate NY.

    Massena was annexed by Canada. :)

    --
    Doug Freese "Caveat Lector" [email protected]
     
  7. Doug Gilliam

    Doug Gilliam Guest

    "Doug Freese" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    >
    > Doug Gilliam wrote:
    >
    >
    > > I'm training in Utica, NY which is about 100 miles north of Binghamton
    and
    > > is upstate.
    >
    > A nice drive up rt 12. :)
    >

    Yes, I've driven it many times over the years considering that I'm from the south and have been
    visiting this area since I met my wife here while in the Air Force in Rome in '72. I just moved back
    here from the Atlanta area in July after living out of state since '77.

    I really like it here except for the weather and it doesn't bother me as much as it does
    most people.

    Later,

    Doug Gilliam

    >
    >
    > > Binghamton is just a few miles from the Pennsylvania border so it isn't upstate, it's in the
    > > southernmost part of NY.
    >
    > The most southern of the western part of the state? :) Anything from Kingston(the first Capital of
    > NY) is more south then Binghamton.
    >
    >
    >
    > > I realize it was a joke but I wanted to comment on the Geography anyway. It's too cold up here
    > > for me to be running in the nude :).
    >
    > Drive to Ithaca and run with the Cornell coeds - you will not notice the cold and they love guys
    > in the nude. :)
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Doug Freese "Caveat Lector" [email protected]
     
  8. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    Doug Gilliam wrote:

    > Yes, I've driven it many times over the years considering that I'm from the south and have been
    > visiting this area since I met my wife here while in the Air Force in Rome in '72.

    Small world. I did a short AF stint in Rome also but in 66 or 67. It wasn't exciting enough to leave
    a permanent mental time stamp. ;)

    I used to drive up and over and do some the Finger Lakes runner's Runners club trail races. If
    you're not familiar see:

    http://ceeserver.cee.cornell.edu/~flrc/flrc.html

    --
    Doug Freese "Caveat Lector" [email protected]
     
Loading...
Loading...