Interesting Ullrich News

>From: "David J Anderson" [email protected]

>http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/4984482.htm

Well at least I think that he is right about this as far as the tour goes:

"Lance doesn't have any real opponents any more in cycling. I'm the only one who can beat him --
with the right training and a good team."

I just don't think that Jan is healthy enough physically and especially mentally. If he'd gone to
CSC alone I think that he may have been able to challenge Lance next year. This year barring a
catastrophe is Lances. The entourage going to Coast is just going to be more of the same as a
Telekom, except with a weaker supporting cast. If he gets his knee right I could see atop ten, maybe
even five in the Vuelta. I don't think he'll be a real threat to win. I don't think those climbs are
as well suited to his style of riding as they are to the smaller climbers. Gonna be fun to watch
over the course of the year. We get to start out with Museeuw and Boonen, then a wide open Giro,
Lance dominates the Tour, Ullrich and Pantani's traveling circus topped off with Worlds here in N.
America. Have to see if McEwen puches anybody out, can Zabel get his sprint back, and what the hell
is Cipo gonna come up with next? Then there's Tyler. Thinking about it, it's gonna be a hell of a
fun year to watch.

Bill C.

[email protected] (Heinz Getzler) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Maybe next year Jan could possibly challenge Lance. But this year it is quite improbable unless
> Ullrich makes a spring comeback. I think this is unlikely because it normally takes a rider a
> least 9 months to year of traing to get back on form again.

And from the Coast training camp pictures, he looks fat to me.

"jim gravity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Heinz Getzler) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Maybe next year Jan could possibly challenge Lance. But this year it is quite improbable unless
> > Ullrich makes a spring comeback. I think this is unlikely because it normally takes a rider a
> > least 9 months to year of traing to get back on form again.
>
> And from the Coast training camp pictures, he looks fat to me.

Maybe Coast can save some $$$$ and not feed him for a month to slim him down.