Interesting web site about heavily customised bikes

David S. Maddison <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Deep Flayed Mares wrote:
>
> > David S. Maddison <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > http://mywilson.homestead.com/gallery0.html

> > Thanks David for the link. It inspired me to get a bit creative. Here's

my
> > latest project. Only about 2 days in the making thus far. I plan to

paint it
> > in the colours of a twisties packet.
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/deepfloydmars/CrazyBike.htm

> Cool!
>
> David

Added another pic too.

We have another dragster in the pipeline too. It's over 4 metres long, and
there is a bottle of bourbon which says it wont survive the next critical
mass!
---
DFM

"Deep Flayed Mares" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:CQw5b.2315
> We have another dragster in the pipeline too. It's over 4 metres long,

and
> there is a bottle of bourbon which says it wont survive the next

critical
> mass!

Wow! That thing still in one piece?
I'd never trust _my_ welding to hold me up there! :)
It actually looks like one of my childhood bikes...
the original purple frame bit, that is.

Is that your house with all those old bike frames?
Wherever it is, it's awesome!
I wanna buy a welder (pity skill is not for sale) and
scour local garage sales for frames.. I want one of
those lowrider, stretched cruisers though...

mmm custom...
hippy

hmmm, try a bet a pint of Goat Surefoot Stout.

Should really pull the digit out & document my Fleet of silly bikes.
Furry Frank, a combination of fur, pompoms & dragster frame that _just
made it down the street during several Fringe parades. should fix the
3-speed hub :p ditt-o Classic Frank, the Rhinestone Bejewelled Wonder of
Northcote Tip. Gotta go, I'm getting all misty-eyed.

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

hippy <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Deep Flayed Mares" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:CQw5b.2315
> > We have another dragster in the pipeline too. It's over 4 metres long,

> and
> > there is a bottle of bourbon which says it wont survive the next

> critical
> > mass!

> Wow! That thing still in one piece?

Yep! Rode it home tonight (about 5 k's). Everywhere I go I get astonished
looks and heaps of people giving me the thumbs up and laughing and stuff!
It's actually quite a pleasure to ride, but getting on and off is tricky!

> I'd never trust _my_ welding to hold me up there! :)

I designed it so that the vast majority of the riders weight is over the
back wheel. It's all brazed together, and reinforced at every weld. Also put
a stermy-archer 3 speed (with back pedal brakes) on the back wheel. If the
chain breaks, I am completely screwed. I am not prepared to put any form of
brake on the front wheel considering it is about 3cm in diameter.

> It actually looks like one of my childhood bikes...
> the original purple frame bit, that is.

Ummm... well it probably is kinda like that. I did actually chop up a kids
dragster to make it!

> Is that your house with all those old bike frames?
> Wherever it is, it's awesome!

No, it's at Ceres in Brunswick. WAAAAAAY too many bikes at the moment. If
anyone wants a cheap bike, they have plenty.

> I wanna buy a welder (pity skill is not for sale) and
> scour local garage sales for frames.. I want one of
> those lowrider, stretched cruisers though...

We'll see what the next one looks like. Might be just what you're after!
---
DFM

"Deep Flayed Mares" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:g%F5b.2334
> a stermy-archer 3 speed (with back pedal brakes) on the back wheel. If the
> chain breaks, I am completely screwed. I am not prepared to put any form

of
> brake on the front wheel considering it is about 3cm in diameter.

Rim brake on the rear wheel? Still pretty dodgy but avoids
the chain snap scenario.

> No, it's at Ceres in Brunswick. WAAAAAAY too many bikes at the moment. If
> anyone wants a cheap bike, they have plenty.

Who's Sarah?
uh i mean what's Ceres? :)

> > I wanna buy a welder (pity skill is not for sale) and
> > scour local garage sales for frames.. I want one of
> > those lowrider, stretched cruisers though...

> We'll see what the next one looks like. Might be just what you're after!

I've been scanning tonnes of "Kustom" sites and things like Rat Patrol
and "choppercabras" and I want something like this:
http://mywilson.homestead.com/gallery104.html or
http://www.geocities.com/choppercabrasbc/namebk.html

I can't find the coolest one because the bikerod&kustom site is down.
Who do you build the bikes for? Can you be commissioned? :)

Anyway, I was going to go to bed early tonight.. so much for that!

hippy

"Rob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Of course sometime it just goes too far...
> http://www.lowriderbike.com/bike_features/
> Rob (tossing up between Drag-N Gold & Spawn as my fave)

If you can't ride them.. what's the point!!??
Quite a few show cars out there are trailered to and from
shows so I guess it's the same thing but still!!! I'd
wanna get out and cruise on these beasties! Mad! :-D

hippy