Interesting

mpre53

Feb 20, 2013
Cape Cod, MA, USA
The new LeMond Washoe. Reynolds 853, supposedly US made, with 105 for under 3 grand, up to Di2 for a lot more. Campy equipped models soon to follow. Fugly color, but hey, you can't have everything. 19 pounds, with pedals, in 54 cm.

Greg seems to be riding the crest of the post-Lance wave right now. But there's something just not right about Di2 on steel.
big-smile.png

The color of Dave Stoller's Masi. I like everything about this bike. I'd equip a 57 with Force-22, 175mm cranks, a 12cm stem, and fatter tires. Then I'd take it to D2R2.

You can tell it really got me thinking.

Not sure how much the frame set alone runs. The complete bike with 105 and Aksium rims is $2800, so figure around $1500-$1700 for the frame and fork. I guess the guy with his name on the down tube likes it himself.

Not sure that the frame likes the added heft though.

19lb bike. 250lb rider... He's gonna be like that fat dude in the too small Lampre shirt in a few years.

I like the bike too, including the classic orange (Molteni?) But who's that aging fat guy on the right? Non, dire que c'est pas vrai!

It's true. Monsieur Gregoire needs to spend more time at the salad bar. I did him a favor by posting the frontal shot, rather than the profile shot of him on the ride. :big-smile:

Originally Posted by mpre53

Yikes, Greg's weight problem is worse than mine.

But I bet he's still faster.

And the bike biz is better for his returned presence. Way to go Greg!

I guess it's good marketing, too. "Steel is real. It handled my weight for a fondo, so it'll handle yours, too."

Myself, I think I'd rather have the Hampsten, though.

I don't even know who to blame. One guy signals and then immediately moves over after a half-assed head check even though the road is obviously not clear. The other guy is riding with overlapped wheels and continues to slowly pass a guy that's clearly signaled he's going to move over.

The new LeMond Washoe. Reynolds 853, supposedly US made, with 105 for under 3 grand, up to Di2 for a lot more. Campy equipped models soon to follow. Fugly color, but hey, you can't have everything. 19 pounds, with pedals, in 54 cm.

Greg seems to be riding the crest of the post-Lance wave right now. But there's something just not right about Di2 on steel.
big-smile.png
Why is Di2 not right for steel? Personally I think Di2 is not right for any bike, but I know people want the latest greatest fad.

Not sure how much the frame set alone runs. The complete bike with 105 and Aksium rims is $2800, so figure around $1500-$1700 for the frame and fork.

I guess the guy with his name on the down tube likes it himself.

Holy Mother of Stuffed Sausage, Batman! I hope that zipper is made of 853!

And what's up with the cough drop guy riding a Hampsten? Both brands seem to be missing...lugs.