Interloc Racing Design (IRD) chains ok? Especially the 990 pro?

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 23:07:45 -0500, Doug Taylor
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Here's the problem. SRAM doesn't make a 10 speed chain. Shimano
>doesn't have a missing link. Campy is not compatible. Wipperman's
>connex link is longer than a regular link, is too big for an 11 tooth
>cog, and skips like a bent or stiff link.
>
>Solution is the IRD 1010m Pro chain, which has a snap link that works
>with an 11 tooth cog.

The SRAM Powerlink II gold works with any of the above. The Connex
link my current favorite), installed properly, won't skip on an 11t I
use the IRD chain, but not the newer narrow one, with their SRAM
similar link. I believe that it skips on an 11t.

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 11:30:19 -0500, Doug Taylor
<[email protected]> wrote:

>And, speaking of width, anyone else found that a Shimano Dura Ace
>chain @ 6.1mm is easier to tweak for smooth shifting with finicky 10
>speed (at least with Shimano cogs, what a surprise) than all the other
>10 speed chains @ 6.2 mm ?

I think that Shimano 10sp chain is difficult to beat. It is smooth
and quiet. Works with Connex (favovite), SRAM, and IRD links. I
haven't tried the other Shimano width IRD, Campy, or Connex chain yet.