Intermittent LBBB?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Michael Bennett, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Hello:

    I'm a mid-forties male. Two years ago I was given a physical exam by a GP which included an EKG. It
    showed LBBB. I just had another physical exam by the same doctor which included an EKG but this time
    it did not show any LBBB. The doctor said the LBBB is presently gone and that I have intermittent
    LBBB. Does that sound right? Could the machine have been mis-set either or both times? If it really
    is intermittent, I guess I can get it again next week, right? Why all this strange activity in my
    heart? Thank you.

    Mike

    To respond to me personally, please remove the "xyz" from my email address.

    Tags:

  2. Michael Bennett wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > I'm a mid-forties male. Two years ago I was given a physical exam by a GP which included an EKG.
    > It showed LBBB. I just had another physical exam by the same doctor which included an EKG but this
    > time it did not show any LBBB. The doctor said the LBBB is presently gone and that I have
    > intermittent LBBB. Does that sound right?

    It is possible that your LBBB is intermittent or rate dependent.

    > Could the machine have been mis-set either or both times?

    No.

    > If it really is intermittent, I guess I can get it again next week, right?

    Correct. Or you could have it when your heart rate is higher.

    > Why all this strange activity in my heart?

    It is not activity but a dysfunctional left bundle of His purkinje fibers.

    > Thank you.

    You are welcome, Mike.

    Andrew

    --