Intersting Signs in West Dorset...

Simonb

Guest
On the West Bay and Back Audax yesterday I noticed some peculiar signs.

One, daubed on a plank of wood and nailed to a tree at 45 degrees, read
"Ducks of All Ages" -- that was on the road going down towards Beaminster.
Another, "CAUTION: Pig Crossing". Just one? Continuously? (Milton Abbas).

Oooh Arrr.

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:40:25 +0100, "Simonb"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On the West Bay and Back Audax yesterday I noticed some peculiar signs.
>
>One, daubed on a plank of wood and nailed to a tree at 45 degrees, read
>"Ducks of All Ages" -- that was on the road going down towards Beaminster.
>Another, "CAUTION: Pig Crossing". Just one? Continuously? (Milton Abbas).
>
>Oooh Arrr.

Heh.

Meanwhile in Surrey, I saw a hand painted sign "Slow Badgers", to
which had been added in biro "should learn to run".

And in Wiltshire, near Avebury, a neatly printed sign "SMALL DOG"l
Dog".

Round the corner was the lnger version:

"SMALL DOG

Danger sometimes escapes across the road suddenly! Sorry"

Tim
--
For those who have trouble distinguishing, cynicsm, sarcasm, humour etc,
try mentally inserting smilies thoughout my post until it either

(Jon Senior urc)