interval training

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Br, Feb 25, 2003.

  1. Br

    Br Guest

    Probably a question that is easy to answer but ...

    I'm planning on starting interval training and wondering how people keep track of their intervals
    ... which interval they are on, how much time left, how much time on the recovery/rest portion, etc.
    I have a Polar S710 which allows for interval training but is limited in that it does not permit
    intervals for fidderent lengths (i.e. some 60s intervals and some 90s intervals). I wish to do these
    types of intervals but imagine that if I did, I'd get lost in where I was in the training session.
    Any advice is appreciated.

    Brian

    Tags:

  2. Sounds strange that you cannot set up different intervals. I haven't done it myself yet but I'm
    almost certain I saw the possibility to do it when glancing through my manuals. Check out the
    Australian Polar Forum, there's a lot of useful information there on how to set up your S710

    http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

    --
    Perre

    Replace the DOTs to reply "BR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Probably a question that is easy to answer but ...
    >
    > I'm planning on starting interval training and wondering how people keep track of their intervals
    > ... which interval they are on, how much time
    left,
    > how much time on the recovery/rest portion, etc. I have a Polar S710
    which
    > allows for interval training but is limited in that it does not permit intervals for fidderent
    > lengths (i.e. some 60s intervals and some 90s intervals). I wish to do these types of intervals
    > but imagine that if I did, I'd get lost in where I was in the training session. Any advice is
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Brian

  3. Jon Isaacs

    Jon Isaacs Guest

    >I wish to do these types of intervals but imagine that if I did, I'd get lost in where I was in the
    >training session. Any advice is appreciated.
    >
    >Brian

    My suggestion: Forget the toys and ride the bike. All that is needed to do interval training is a
    watch or a stopwatch.

    Jon Isaacs

  4. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "BR" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Probably a question that is easy to answer but ...
    >
    > I'm planning on starting interval training and wondering how people keep track of their intervals
    > ... which interval they are on, how much time
    left,
    > how much time on the recovery/rest portion, etc. I have a Polar S710
    which
    > allows for interval training but is limited in that it does not permit intervals for fidderent
    > lengths (i.e. some 60s intervals and some 90s intervals). I wish to do these types of intervals
    > but imagine that if I did, I'd get lost in where I was in the training session. Any advice is
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Brian

    Worst case is break out the Timex. My Ironman can do 50 different "laps" and is super easy to use.
    Since I haven't had a Polar since I ran mine into the rear end of some lady's tailgate at 40mph, I
    gotta make do with the low-tech method.

    Mike

  5. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

  6. (Offtopic)

    Why crosspost it separately in two groups? (Not to mention crossposting in general is to be
    avoided...) :p

  7. Sounds like a nice workout. Can you send some more details of the course so I can set one up just
    like it ;) Reckon I'll need a few more props than a big rock and a white fence.

    --
    Perre

    news:[email protected]...