interval training

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Br

Probably a question that is easy to answer but ...

I'm planning on starting interval training and wondering how people keep track of their intervals
... which interval they are on, how much time left, how much time on the recovery/rest portion, etc.
I have a Polar S710 which allows for interval training but is limited in that it does not permit
intervals for fidderent lengths (i.e. some 60s intervals and some 90s intervals). I wish to do these
types of intervals but imagine that if I did, I'd get lost in where I was in the training session.
Any advice is appreciated.

Brian

Sounds strange that you cannot set up different intervals. I haven't done it myself yet but I'm
almost certain I saw the possibility to do it when glancing through my manuals. Check out the
Australian Polar Forum, there's a lot of useful information there on how to set up your S710

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

--
Perre

Replace the DOTs to reply "BR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Probably a question that is easy to answer but ...
>
> I'm planning on starting interval training and wondering how people keep track of their intervals
> ... which interval they are on, how much time
left,
> how much time on the recovery/rest portion, etc. I have a Polar S710
which
> allows for interval training but is limited in that it does not permit intervals for fidderent
> lengths (i.e. some 60s intervals and some 90s intervals). I wish to do these types of intervals
> but imagine that if I did, I'd get lost in where I was in the training session. Any advice is
> appreciated.
>
> Brian

>I wish to do these types of intervals but imagine that if I did, I'd get lost in where I was in the
>training session. Any advice is appreciated.
>
>Brian

My suggestion: Forget the toys and ride the bike. All that is needed to do interval training is a
watch or a stopwatch.

Jon Isaacs

"BR" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Probably a question that is easy to answer but ...
>
> I'm planning on starting interval training and wondering how people keep track of their intervals
> ... which interval they are on, how much time
left,
> how much time on the recovery/rest portion, etc. I have a Polar S710
which
> allows for interval training but is limited in that it does not permit intervals for fidderent
> lengths (i.e. some 60s intervals and some 90s intervals). I wish to do these types of intervals
> but imagine that if I did, I'd get lost in where I was in the training session. Any advice is
> appreciated.
>
> Brian
>
Worst case is break out the Timex. My Ironman can do 50 different "laps" and is super easy to use.
Since I haven't had a Polar since I ran mine into the rear end of some lady's tailgate at 40mph, I
gotta make do with the low-tech method.

Mike

Sounds like a nice workout. Can you send some more details of the course so I can set one up just
like it ;) Reckon I'll need a few more props than a big rock and a white fence.

--
Perre

Replace the DOTs to reply "one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a favorite route with a combo of up hills down hills and flats. My interval routine goes
> like this: Start at the white fence keep it going as hard as I can until I get to the big tree.
> Rest until I get to the yellow sign, then turn it on until I get to the big rock. Rest over the
> little hill then nail it down the hill and try to hold it spinning fast in the
big
> ring up front and the 12 tooth in back on the flat all the way to the turn off. etc...
>
>
> "BR" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Probably a question that is easy to answer but ...
> >
> > I'm planning on starting interval training and wondering how people keep track of their
> > intervals ... which interval they are on, how much time
> left,
> > how much time on the recovery/rest portion, etc. I have a Polar S710
> which
> > allows for interval training but is limited in that it does not permit intervals for fidderent
> > lengths (i.e. some 60s intervals and some 90s intervals). I wish to do these types of intervals
> > but imagine that if I did, I'd get lost in where I was in the training session. Any advice is
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Brian
> >
>

Status
Not open for further replies.