Interview with Joe Papp

It's so true, but you have wonder about someone who injects, ingests whatever they can lay their hands on without even knowing the dosages. Corticos for months on end? Corticos for days on end will **** you up.

All the doping information he needed is available on the internet with forums chalked full of people happy to advise.

I guess Marco Pantani was too busy winning stages and the Giro & TDF to keep his blood flow and amphetamines correct too.

The internet cannot help with drug addiction.

helmutRoole2 said:
It's so true, but you have wonder about someone who injects, ingests whatever they can lay their hands on without even knowing the dosages. Corticos for months on end? Corticos for days on end will **** you up.

All the doping information he needed is available on the internet with forums chalked full of people happy to advise.

As a physician I find these stories appalling, and view the people involved in supervising doping in the same ethical category as back alley abortionists.
I think that statement says it all. We need to criminalize the doctors. Period.

Doping in sports is handled mostly by NON-doctors. Pigeon racers and dog vets handle most IV therapies.

Most MDs no very little about PEDs, which is why some even think Lance/Jan were clean.

Klodifan said:
I think that statement says it all. We need to criminalize the doctors. Period.

helmutRoole2 said:

Good call.
Go back and read some of his entries on his diaries in cyclingnews.com....from two years before he was busted...

He goes on at length about his hypoglycemic attacks and how he needs to check up with his doctors and sleep better, eat better and some line about healthy living!!!! HA!! especially since he is a hammer gel sponsored athlete etc etc all done straight faced while ingesting steroids, EPO, T etc etc and then developing adrenal failure...but he posted this stuff with cyclingnews.com without a thought that many reading it would assume he was doping? What gives?

Why WOULD he take enough EPO to win the 96 TdF?
Why WOULD he take blood thinners unsupervised?