Interview with Rasmussen? Where is he?

I did not say look for combined thoughts, I asked where I said/typed it in this thread and …..For supporting verbiage, ON MY VIEWS….gave the link to another statement. .Read what I typed in this thread.

Tim Lamkin said:
I did not say look for combined thoughts, I asked where I said/typed it in this thread and …..For supporting verbiage, ON MY VIEWS….gave the link to another statement. .Read what I typed in this thread.
Your "...duh" implies that you are castigating me for not determining your intent, which was posted in a completely different thread.

Okay sure...what ever you think. Got to make it correct in your mind.

Maybe even objurgating :rolleyes: instead of castigating :D

wicklow200 said:
Disgraced cyclist Michael Rasmussen said his career was a ruins after he was pulled out of the Tour de France as leader, the Dutch Algemeen Dagblad daily said Thursday. Rasmussen, who was suspended by his Dutch team Rabobank on Wednesday night for lying in connection with his whereabouts earlier this year and missed doping tests, also claimed he did not know why he had to quit.

His team announced Thursday that it will continue the Tour de France, with the 17th stage set for later in the day, even though the other riders, according to Rasmussen, were "devastated."

The Tour de France ends on Sunday in Paris.

"I am ... aware my career has been ruined," said Rasmussen, who wore the yellow jersey as overall leader for almost a fortnight.

"I have no idea what to do or where to go. It is an enormous blow for me."

"I am sick of it, I am sick of it, I am sick of it," the 33-year- old said.

Rasmussen, 33, also claimed he did not know why he was dropped, saying that team boss "Theo de Rooy could not explain me what moved him to remove me from the Tour."

Rasmussen was pulled from the Tour and suspended by Rabobank late Wednesday, just hours after he won the 16th stage in the Pyrenees with which he all but secured the overall title.

Rabobank said that Rasmussen "broke team rules" in connection with missed doping tests.

"On several occasions, he claimed he was training, and that was a lie," de Rooy said. "Team management was warned several times and had received new information on Wednesday."
From what it appears and what Rasmussen claims he's been determined to have lied because ONE person, Davide Cassani, claims he saw Rasmussen training on the road in Italy. If this is true, that he's been thrown out on ONE MAN's claim of having seen him riding in Italy, then this is idiotic and WRONG. If I were Rasmussen, I'd sue the ASO and Rabobank for everything they're worth. And if all they have is that one guy as an "eyewitness" he'd win the case.

donrhummy said:
From what it appears and what Rasmussen claims he's been determined to have lied because ONE person, Davide Cassani, claims he saw Rasmussen training on the road in Italy. If this is true, that he's been thrown out on ONE MAN's claim of having seen him riding in Italy, then this is idiotic and WRONG. If I were Rasmussen, I'd sue the ASO and Rabobank for everything they're worth. And if all they have is that one guy as an "eyewitness" he'd win the case.
Yeah, but there's a couple other things you have to take into consideration, like, why are we worrying about is whereabouts to begin with? Answer: because he missed two controls just before the Tour. Also, it's easy to prove your whereabouts. Airline tickets, passport stamps, receipts, eye witnesses, parking vouchers... And, let's not forget the Velo News story, which I think is at the heart of this.

donrhummy said:

You're forgetting that he did not attend dope control tests a number of times.

You're also forgetting that his national federation (Denmark) moved against him.

What Davide Cassani did or did not see, wasn't what got Ras banned from the TDF.

JohnO said:
Crawling under a rock somewhere. Maybe he can find bin laden's corpse while he's under there.
Maybe you can leave your american propaganda at the door on this forum. it's for cycling fans.

Eurosport mentioned that Rasmussen got on a learjet and flew to an unknown destination.

At least he's consistent in keeping his whereabouts a secret. :D

They've also stated that Ras admitted he was in italy, and not Mexico. Hmmmm, the plot thickens.

limerickman said:
I'm told that the corporate entity, Rabobank, told the cycling team that they did not want their corporate name linked with people who are perceived to have cheated.

Rabobank - the esteemed Dutch Banking Group - I'm told, contacted the cycling team and told them to get rid of Rasmussen asap.

Only then did the team do what they should have done.

Despite the current crisis - i think that this is a positive development in that the sponsor realises that their corporate goodwill is tainted by having it's identity linked with a sport that is complicit with cheating.

I'm told that Rabobank Corporate are reviewing their commercial obligation to the team and the sport and are considering the termination of their involvement in this sport.

BTW : classic photo, Klodi!

********. Rabobank has been dirty forever. Management and doctors peddling EPO to riders and its U23s. This from a first hand report from a rider I know.

Simply corporate PR management. Rabobank (the sponsor) was surely fully aware for years of how things work, choosing not to ask too many questions.

More to this story in my opinion. Reeks of politics given the timing.

limerickman said:
What Davide Cassani did or did not see, wasn't what got Ras banned from the TDF.

That is exactly what got him banned according to Rabobank. You must know better :rolleyes: