Introducing friends to my playground.

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
Introduced some of the men who belong to our every other week breakfast group to my playground. A big thanks to Tomten Biketown for supplying bikes for anyone who needed one. It was the first time on a bike for several since they were kids, so a quick refresher course was needed before the ride. Here are a few clips of our fun, and looks like the group will be bigger for the next ride.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gTFsQb-Hlg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBbSiYC7UVc

Reactions: Joe Johnson
Everyone had a blast and now I've got a bunch of others that want to go out a ride the trails with me. It all good and I love sharing the sport that have loved for 40 years.

Reactions: Joe Johnson
That is so cool! I l also like to go out in the woods with my friends. Enjoy the scenery and just be refreshed. I heard that spending some time with nature is refreshing to the body and soul.

Yesterday I picked up a Gary Fisher Sugar and a Pinarello Traviso frame for $140 and $10 transportation cost to drive 150 miles and back. I think that I have enough parts to put the Pinarello together. Selling that would give me the cash to buy a new group and fork for the GF.

The Fisher has some flat pedals which I have never seen. There isn't any flats on the pedal axle to get them off. Just shallow splines. On top of that I can't find my Campy crank removal tool to just pull the cranks off since they are 170's and I use 175's. How the hell could I have lost that? I always keep all of my bike tools in a separate tool box since I don't have room for a roll around to keep my car tools, my bike tools, my boat tools, my wood working tools and gardening tools such as tree saws and the like.

I have Campy components on my road bikes but I will probably switch over to Shimano. I don't care how carefully I adjust the Campy Record it ALWAYS overshifts and rebounds to the correct gear.

As usual the advice I got was to take it to a shop. So I did and it was 5 times as bad when I got it back. But I have Shimano 105 on one of my CX bikes and a flat bar and XT parts of the other. These bikes shift smoothly, quietly and accurately. And the parts are much cheaper for the same grade except for Dura Ace.

But I'll go for XT or XTR on the Sugar. I had a Gary Fisher 29er and I did not like those huge wheels. The smaller wheels are much easier to handle tight trails with.

Has anyone ever seen pedals like that and if so how the hell do you remove them? I have a dust bin in which they will fit perfectly.

It's always nice to go biking with your friends in a new location as exploring and learning new places to stay while riding is one of the things I love about riding with friends.