Introducing myself

Peter

Guest
Hello all. I have just recently joined this group after having read a month's worth of threads. I
want to thank you all as I have learned a great deal already. I am a male in his early 50s who
enjoys fast recreation riding as a means of staying fit and light touring. I have 3 bikes. One is an
old touring Cannondale with Exage long reach (57mm) sidepull brakes - quick release with Campy Super
Record brake shoe holders and Victory brake pads with Exage brake levers and downtube index
shifters.(no cantilever brazeons) originally outfited with 27 inch wheels and the Shimano 600EX
group now with 7 gear Exage wheels with 13- 23 cassette and 42-52 Exage crankset. I also have a
Miele with Veloce hubs,rear derailleur (triple), 13-26 cassette and a Record chain. Shifters/brake
levers are Mirage as is the triple front derailleur the brake calipers are non quick release Exage -
soon to be replace with long reach Campy if I can find any. My third bike is an old Norco Bush Pilot
with Exage that I use as a utility vehicle for heavy loads etc. I am going to put the Mirage and
Veloce components onto the Cannondale and the Exage onto the Miele as there is not much difference
in the speed of the two and the Cannondale is decidedly more comfortable on rough paved surfaced
roads. The Miele will then be sold. I'd keep it but only have room to store 2 bikes. Thanks for
letting me introduce myself and for all the great advice. Cheers.

Welcome Peter. Be sure to look at these related groups too, if you have not yet done so.

rec.bicycles.misc rec.bicycles.rides rec.bicycles.soc

news:[email protected]...