introducing myself

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mommymt, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Mommymt

    Mommymt Guest

    Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last few
    pounds, going up and down a few pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
    resolve to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where
    the leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I
    also get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this newsgroup. I
    especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale going
    down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say hello after months of reading.

    Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139

    --
    MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

    Tags:

  2. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Hi Amy, and welcome to the group. Those last few pounds tend to be the stickiest to get rid of
    - don't know why, but they just seem not to want to let go. Hang in there though, we know you
    can do it!

    Joyce

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:50:52 -0500, "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    >for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last few
    >pounds, going up and down a few pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
    >resolve to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday
    >where the leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing
    >them. I also get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    >newsgroup. I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the
    >scale going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say hello after months of reading.
    >
    >Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139

  3. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_02B3_01C3D5E8.289861F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    Welcome and good luck with those last few pounds. Kristine Quilici "mommymt"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message = news:[email protected]... Hello
    I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational = group! I have been on WW for 5
    months and am nearing my goal weight. I am = having struggles here at the end with the last few
    pounds, going up and down a = few pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
    = resolve to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday
    where the leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them.
    I also get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this = newsgroup. I
    especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than = the number on the scale going
    down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say = hello after months of reading.

    Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139

    --=20 MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

    ------=_NextPart_000_02B3_01C3D5E8.289861F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Welcome and good luck with those last = few=20 pounds.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kristine Quilici</FONT></DIV>
    <>"mommymt" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>&g=
    t; wrote=20 in message <A=20
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:MXeLb.111$v16.=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>Hello<BR>I=20 have been lurking here for a while - you
    are a truly motivational = group!<BR>I=20 have been on WW for 5 months and am nearing my goal
    weight. I am=20 having<BR>struggles here at the end with the last few pounds, going up =
    and down=20 a few<BR>pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has = brought me
    new=20 resolve<BR>to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I = went to=20 a
    WW<BR>meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very inspirational = talk=20 about<BR>taking
    charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get = a lot=20 of<BR>motivation by reading
    the wonderful achievements of those in this=20 newsgroup.<BR>I especially like reading the
    NSVs. To me, those are = even=20 better than the<BR>number on the scale going down.
    Just wanted to = pop in=20 and finally say hello<BR>after months of
    reading.<BR><BR>Amy<BR>Start = weight=20 164<BR>Current weight 144<BR>Goal weight 139<BR><BR>--
    <BR>MommyMT = aka =20 Amy<BR>remove blue to reply<BR><BR></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_02B3_01C3D5E8.289861F0--

  4. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    I know you've been reading for a while, but I thought you might like your
    own copy of the welcome notice :)

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
    Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
    want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    HHH - Happy Healthy Holidays Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/hhh.htm

    NYNY - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Please note that if you live in onther coutries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
    different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
    Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
    handle all of these programs.

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.7/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    > for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
    > few pounds, going up and down a
    few
    > pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
    > complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
    > inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
    > motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    newsgroup.
    > I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
    > going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
    hello
    > after months of reading.
    >
    > Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
    >
    > --
    > MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

  5. Limeyno1

    Limeyno1 Guest

    Welcome to the group! You've done well!

    --
    Helen

    Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
    of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

    <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

    [email protected]

    225/190/145

    "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    > for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
    > few pounds, going up and down a
    few
    > pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
    > complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
    > inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
    > motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    newsgroup.
    > I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
    > going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
    hello
    > after months of reading.
    >
    > Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
    >
    > --
    > MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

  6. Hi Amy. Welcome aboard. Since you've been lurking for a while, I don't have to tell you how
    great this group is & how supportive they are. Wish you luck on getting the last & hardest
    pounds off. Elaine K

    mommymt wrote:

    >Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    >for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last few
    >pounds, going up and down a few pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
    >resolve to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday
    >where the leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing
    >them. I also get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    >newsgroup. I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the
    >scale going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say hello after months of reading.
    >
    >Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139

  7. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Well hello Amy! Welcome and congrats on the pounds already lost!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/100.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg

    "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    > for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
    > few pounds, going up and down a
    few
    > pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
    > complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
    > inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
    > motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    newsgroup.
    > I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
    > going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
    hello
    > after months of reading.
    >
    > Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
    >
    > --
    > MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

  8. Glad you popped in to say hello and report your progress. Congratulations on your great success.
    Only 5 lbs to goal...

    Prairie Roots

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:50:52 -0500, "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    >for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last few
    >pounds, going up and down a few pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
    >resolve to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday
    >where the leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing
    >them. I also get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    >newsgroup. I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the
    >scale going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say hello after months of reading.
    >
    >Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139

  9. Welcome Amy!!!

    --
    Janice
    263/252/150 (maybe 130)

    "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    > for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
    > few pounds, going up and down a
    few
    > pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
    > complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
    > inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
    > motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    newsgroup.
    > I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
    > going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
    hello
    > after months of reading.
    >
    > Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
    >
    > --
    > MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

  10. welcome and good luck, many have said that the last few pounds are the
    hardest, Lee
    mommymt <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    > for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
    > few pounds, going up and down a
    few
    > pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
    > complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
    > inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
    > motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    newsgroup.
    > I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
    > going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
    hello
    > after months of reading.
    >
    > Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
    >
    > --
    > MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

  11. Wannablean

    Wannablean Guest

    Hi there! I'm a newbie too! :) This is a wonderful group of people here!
    "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Amy. Welcome aboard. Since you've been lurking for a while, I don't have to tell you how great
    > this group is & how supportive they are. Wish you luck on getting the last & hardest pounds off.
    > Elaine K
    >
    > mommymt wrote:
    >
    > >Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational
    group!
    > >I have been on WW for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am
    having
    > >struggles here at the end with the last few pounds, going up and down a
    few
    > >pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
    resolve
    > >to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the
    > >leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also
    > >get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    newsgroup.
    > >I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than
    the
    > >number on the scale going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
    hello
    > >after months of reading.
    > >
    > >Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139

  12. Welcome to the group Amy.
    --
    Brenda
    209/176/150 RafL goal 165

    "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    > for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
    > few pounds, going up and down a
    few
    > pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
    > complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
    > inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
    > motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    newsgroup.
    > I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
    > going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
    hello
    > after months of reading.
    >
    > Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
    >
    > --
    > MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

  13. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Hi Amy :)

    i'm glad you like this group as much as we all do - it's a fab place - full of all the support you
    could ever need, and then some!

    stop lurkin' and start talkin' *grin*

    --
    krys

    UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
    making progress.

    "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    > for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
    > few pounds, going up and down a
    few
    > pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
    > complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
    > inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
    > motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    newsgroup.
    > I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
    > going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
    hello
    > after months of reading.
    >
    > Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
    >
    > --
    > MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

  14. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Welcome aboard. Good luck reaching goal.

    "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    > for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
    > few pounds, going up and down a
    few
    > pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
    > complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
    > inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
    > motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    newsgroup.
    > I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
    > going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
    hello
    > after months of reading.
    >
    > Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
    >
    > --
    > MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

  15. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Welcome, Amy! Nice of you to de-lurk! :) I hope to read more from you in the future! Good
    luck on WW!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.2/172

    "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
    > for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
    > few pounds, going up and down a
    few
    > pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
    > complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
    > inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
    > motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    newsgroup.
    > I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
    > going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
    hello
    > after months of reading.
    >
    > Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
    >
    > --
    > MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

  16. atwin

    atwin Guest

    Thank you for all the very warm welcomes.

    Amy

    "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Amy :)
    >
    > i'm glad you like this group as much as we all do - it's a fab place -
    full
    > of all the support you could ever need, and then some!
    >
    > stop lurkin' and start talkin' *grin*
    >
    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but making
    > progress.
    >
    > "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational
    group!
    > > I have been on WW for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am
    having
    > > struggles here at the end with the last few pounds, going up and down a
    > few
    > > pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
    resolve
    > > to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the
    > > leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I
    > > also get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
    > newsgroup.
    > > I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than
    the
    > > number on the scale going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
    > hello
    > > after months of reading.
    > >
    > > Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
    > >
    > > --
    > > MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

  17. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:10:08 -0600, "WannaBLean" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Hi there! I'm a newbie too! :) This is a wonderful group of people here!

    Welcome to you too :)

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182