introducing myself

Mommymt

Guest
Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last few
pounds, going up and down a few pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
resolve to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where
the leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I
also get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this newsgroup. I
especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale going
down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say hello after months of reading.

Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139

--
MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

Hi Amy, and welcome to the group. Those last few pounds tend to be the stickiest to get rid of
- don't know why, but they just seem not to want to let go. Hang in there though, we know you
can do it!

Joyce

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:50:52 -0500, "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
>for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last few
>pounds, going up and down a few pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
>resolve to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday
>where the leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing
>them. I also get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
>newsgroup. I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the
>scale going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say hello after months of reading.
>
>Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139

------=_NextPart_000_02B3_01C3D5E8.289861F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

Welcome and good luck with those last few pounds. Kristine Quilici "mommymt"
<[email protected]> wrote in message = news:[email protected]... Hello
I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational = group! I have been on WW for 5
months and am nearing my goal weight. I am = having struggles here at the end with the last few
pounds, going up and down a = few pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
= resolve to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday
where the leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them.
I also get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this = newsgroup. I
especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than = the number on the scale going
down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say = hello after months of reading.

Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139

--=20 MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

------=_NextPart_000_02B3_01C3D5E8.289861F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276"
name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Welcome and good luck with those last = few=20 pounds.</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kristine Quilici</FONT></DIV>
<>"mommymt" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>&g=
t; wrote=20 in message <A=20
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:MXeLb.111$v16.=
[email protected]</A>...</DIV>Hello<BR>I=20 have been lurking here for a while - you
are a truly motivational = group!<BR>I=20 have been on WW for 5 months and am nearing my goal
weight. I am=20 having<BR>struggles here at the end with the last few pounds, going up =
and down=20 a few<BR>pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has = brought me
new=20 resolve<BR>to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I = went to=20 a
WW<BR>meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very inspirational = talk=20 about<BR>taking
charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get = a lot=20 of<BR>motivation by reading
the wonderful achievements of those in this=20 newsgroup.<BR>I especially like reading the
NSVs. To me, those are = even=20 better than the<BR>number on the scale going down.
Just wanted to = pop in=20 and finally say hello<BR>after months of
reading.<BR><BR>Amy<BR>Start = weight=20 164<BR>Current weight 144<BR>Goal weight 139<BR><BR>--
<BR>MommyMT = aka =20 Amy<BR>remove blue to reply<BR><BR></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_02B3_01C3D5E8.289861F0--

I know you've been reading for a while, but I thought you might like your
own copy of the welcome notice :)

Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
(Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

Amberle3's Challenges:

HHH - Happy Healthy Holidays Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/hhh.htm

NYNY - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm

THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
used on the day they are earned.

If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Please note that if you live in onther coutries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
handle all of these programs.

Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

--
Julie.
93.5/72.7/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

"mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
> for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
> few pounds, going up and down a
few
> pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
> complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
> inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
> motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
newsgroup.
> I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
> going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
hello
> after months of reading.
>
> Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
>
> --
> MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

Welcome to the group! You've done well!

--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

<>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

[email protected]

225/190/145

"mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
> for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
> few pounds, going up and down a
few
> pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
> complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
> inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
> motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
newsgroup.
> I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
> going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
hello
> after months of reading.
>
> Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
>
> --
> MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

Hi Amy. Welcome aboard. Since you've been lurking for a while, I don't have to tell you how
great this group is & how supportive they are. Wish you luck on getting the last & hardest
pounds off. Elaine K

mommymt wrote:

>Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
>for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last few
>pounds, going up and down a few pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
>resolve to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday
>where the leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing
>them. I also get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
>newsgroup. I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the
>scale going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say hello after months of reading.
>
>Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139

Well hello Amy! Welcome and congrats on the pounds already lost!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/100.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg

"mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
> for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
> few pounds, going up and down a
few
> pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
> complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
> inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
> motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
newsgroup.
> I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
> going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
hello
> after months of reading.
>
> Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
>
> --
> MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

Glad you popped in to say hello and report your progress. Congratulations on your great success.
Only 5 lbs to goal...

Prairie Roots

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:50:52 -0500, "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
>for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last few
>pounds, going up and down a few pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
>resolve to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday
>where the leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing
>them. I also get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
>newsgroup. I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the
>scale going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say hello after months of reading.
>
>Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139

Welcome Amy!!!

--
Janice
263/252/150 (maybe 130)

"mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
> for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
> few pounds, going up and down a
few
> pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
> complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
> inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
> motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
newsgroup.
> I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
> going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
hello
> after months of reading.
>
> Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
>
> --
> MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

welcome and good luck, many have said that the last few pounds are the
hardest, Lee
mommymt <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
> for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
> few pounds, going up and down a
few
> pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
> complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
> inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
> motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
newsgroup.
> I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
> going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
hello
> after months of reading.
>
> Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
>
> --
> MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

Hi there! I'm a newbie too! :) This is a wonderful group of people here!
"Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Amy. Welcome aboard. Since you've been lurking for a while, I don't have to tell you how great
> this group is & how supportive they are. Wish you luck on getting the last & hardest pounds off.
> Elaine K
>
> mommymt wrote:
>
> >Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational
group!
> >I have been on WW for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am
having
> >struggles here at the end with the last few pounds, going up and down a
few
> >pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
resolve
> >to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the
> >leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also
> >get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
newsgroup.
> >I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than
the
> >number on the scale going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
hello
> >after months of reading.
> >
> >Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139

Welcome to the group Amy.
--
Brenda
209/176/150 RafL goal 165

"mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
> for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
> few pounds, going up and down a
few
> pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
> complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
> inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
> motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
newsgroup.
> I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
> going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
hello
> after months of reading.
>
> Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
>
> --
> MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

Hi Amy :)

i'm glad you like this group as much as we all do - it's a fab place - full of all the support you
could ever need, and then some!

stop lurkin' and start talkin' *grin*

--
krys

UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
making progress.

"mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
> for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
> few pounds, going up and down a
few
> pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
> complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
> inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
> motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
newsgroup.
> I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
> going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
hello
> after months of reading.
>
> Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
>
> --
> MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

Welcome aboard. Good luck reaching goal.

"mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
> for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
> few pounds, going up and down a
few
> pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
> complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
> inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
> motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
newsgroup.
> I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
> going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
hello
> after months of reading.
>
> Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
>
> --
> MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

Welcome, Amy! Nice of you to de-lurk! :) I hope to read more from you in the future! Good
luck on WW!

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.2/172

"mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational group! I have been on WW
> for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am having struggles here at the end with the last
> few pounds, going up and down a
few
> pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new resolve to quit stalling and
> complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the leader gave a very
> inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I also get a lot of
> motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
newsgroup.
> I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than the number on the scale
> going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
hello
> after months of reading.
>
> Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
>
> --
> MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

Thank you for all the very warm welcomes.

Amy

"krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi Amy :)
>
> i'm glad you like this group as much as we all do - it's a fab place -
full
> of all the support you could ever need, and then some!
>
> stop lurkin' and start talkin' *grin*
>
> --
> krys
>
> UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but making
> progress.
>
> "mommymt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hello I have been lurking here for a while - you are a truly motivational
group!
> > I have been on WW for 5 months and am nearing my goal weight. I am
having
> > struggles here at the end with the last few pounds, going up and down a
> few
> > pounds for the past couple weeks. The new year has brought me new
resolve
> > to quit stalling and complete my weight loss journey. I went to a WW meeting yesterday where the
> > leader gave a very inspirational talk about taking charge of our goals and realizing them. I
> > also get a lot of motivation by reading the wonderful achievements of those in this
> newsgroup.
> > I especially like reading the NSVs. To me, those are even better than
the
> > number on the scale going down. Just wanted to pop in and finally say
> hello
> > after months of reading.
> >
> > Amy Start weight 164 Current weight 144 Goal weight 139
> >
> > --
> > MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:10:08 -0600, "WannaBLean" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Hi there! I'm a newbie too! :) This is a wonderful group of people here!

Welcome to you too :)

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182