Introduction

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by CycleLad99, Apr 16, 2016.

1. CycleLad99

CycleLad99 New Member

Hi Guys,
    Newbie here so thought I'd introduce myself. I am very interested in cycling but unfortunately don't have enough money to buy Road bike and gear yet. See you guys around!

Tags:
    Jim Seattle and Damien Lee like this.

2. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Welcome aboard, I think you will enjoy it here. The people are really friendly here and it won't take anytime before you will feel right at home.

3. CycleLad99

CycleLad99 New Member

Thanks! I'm sure I'll enjoy it here. :) Thanks for the reply.

SirJoe likes this.
  4. Destiny3614

Destiny3614 Member

Howdy! Welcome to the forums! I'm new here myself. Hopefully, you can get the cash together and get the gear you need to get yourself on the road! Cheers!

5. CycleLad99

CycleLad99 New Member

Thanks Destiny! I'm just looking for a cheap bike first!

6. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Hey there, we're glad to have you here, hopefully you enjoy your stay here!! WELCOME! and happy riding!

7. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Welcome Cyclelad and take your time! Don't rush through the process and don't buy the cheapest bike you see! Experiment around looking for some really good and nice bikes that fits your style and go with that!

8. sharkantropo

sharkantropo Member

Welcome. Go ahead and ask in bike equipment discussion all the available options for starters. All the stuff combined are a bit pricey but is far less that you will ever pay for a car plus maintenance.

See ya around.

9. cyclintom

cyclintom Well-Known Member

Let me suggest you don't spring for a really cheap bike. Go to a Trek or Specialized store and they have lower cost versions of their models that are GOOD bikes with less than optimum grade components. These bikes are slightly heavier than the top grade but a WHOLE lot lighter than the cheaper off-brand bikes. And the warranties are generally better.

10. cyclenthusias44

Welcome to the forum, dear. It's always good to see a new member on this from . Feel free to post and enjoy the forum. See you in the posts! :)

11. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Active Member

Hi and thanks for introducing yourself. Don't worry if you can't afford to purchase a bike yet, I'm sure you'll eventually get to the point where you'll be able to enjoy this wonderful hobby. Keep visiting these forums and interact and learn about cycling in the meantime.

12. madfuntool

madfuntool New Member

Hello! And welcome to the forum. I am new too. Well! I felt sad for you that due to the lack of money you are not able to buy a bike with gear. I will pray for you. My best wishes are with you. Enjoy the forum this is a better place to know more about the bikes.

13. Melissa Anderson

Melissa Anderson New Member

Hi everyone. I've already been around the forum a fair bit and been really impressed how friendly and helpful everyone is here. I'm just conditioning my first ever brew (it's drinkable if nothing better), Thank you for all your help.

14. Steve5

Steve5 Member

Hello. I find biking a relaxing means of spending my free time. In fact, I always do my best to find time for it. It helps with anxiety stress.

15. WorkTual Desk

WorkTual Desk New Member

Hello Everyone,

Here I am a newbie and hope all you are fine.