What do you ride?

How do you ride?

What are your goals?

Who are you?
Wlfdg aka Chris
Where are you?
I live in eastern Idaho
How big are you?
240 lbs. (?) 6'2" Pretty lean though. Powerlifting and Olympic lifting aficionado
What do you ride?
Cross country/trail- Kona Dawg Deluxe
FR/DH- Santa Cruz Bullit
Road/Commuter- Kona Jake w/ 29" Rhyno Lites, Onyx Hubs, 40c touring tires
How do you ride?
Do it all. Just love to pedal
What are your goals?
Get leaner, stronger, faster and have fun! Big advocate of the Paleo Diet!

Dave from Milwaukee WI (USA), originally from Upper Michigan

5'9" and the last time I hopped on the scale I was about 230 lbs. I feel like I might be dropping down into the 215 range, though. Fairly solid 200-whatever, I have a physical job.

I have 3 bikes - one is nominally my wife's but since she never rides it, I may practice my maintenance skills on it.

Anyway, I have a Giant Sedona ST - "The Hoss" - it's like hopping onto a Barca lounger both comfort and performance-wise

My roadie is a DBR Podium 1. I generally alternate between them for my commute.

My wife has a Schwinn something-or-other. Thinking of giving it an overhaul and new paint job.

Dunno what "how I ride" means; generally as hard as I can for as long as I can.

My goals are to basically get in better shape and become a better cyclist. Ideally I'll spend some serious time on the trainer this winter and maybe try some cat-5s next year.

Hi I am Cathal

I am from Donegal Ireland

I am 6 feet tall and weigh 18 stone(250lbs)

I have my own old rallagh mountain bike but I am using my friends claud butler road bike at the moment and hope to get a road bike soon

My goals are to get fit and perhaps join a local cycling club when I get fast enough

Cathal

Hello to the board. My name is Sam and I am just about to venture in the biking world. I have a friend at work that is really into road biking and we have been talking about it for a couple of months. He has definitely sparked my interest in road biking.

I will be buying a used road bike on Monday (assuming the bike is as advertised). I am hoping that I become as addicted to road biking as I am with Golf. So far it seems that I have the bug.

I am hoping that I find peace and solitude in road biking. This is something that Golf used to give me but I don't have the time to fully invest in it. The cost to play Golf is also getting excessive.

That said, I am looking towards road biking and contributing to the forum.

Chavez said:
Dunno what "how I ride" means?
"How I ride" means are you a mountain biker, road biker, one of those folks who rides a mtn.bike on a pathway system for exercise, commuter, etc....

Wlfdg said:
"How I ride" means are you a mountain biker, road biker, one of those folks who rides a mtn.bike on a pathway system for exercise, commuter, etc....
Ah.

I take a commute 3+ days most weeks and I'm getting myself into what I'd term "serious" rides - 40+ miles on a regular basis (well, weekly at least).

Who are you?
Erm...Me? Audrey?
Where are you?
California
How big are you?
I'm 5'8" and 200lbs...I suppose I like to attribute this to all the weight training and martial arts I've done in the past. I mean...at a size 14, I suppose all 200lbs can't be all me out of shape. I've been told that I don't look my weight.
What do you ride?
Dinky crappy old bike...Soon to be not so dinky or crappy new bike.
How do you ride?
Moderate distances on a daily basis at a moderate to strong pace on paved roads.
What are your goals?
Get to work on time every day.

Hey everyone, I'm Steve in New York.
Currently 5'9" - 250 lbs.
I just purchased a Diamondback Insight (love it)
I will be riding roads for fitness and fun.
I used to ride 15 years ago and now I'm getting back into it.
I'll be quitting smoking and shooting for 200 lbs.
My first couple of weeks ride is a 13 mile loop over mostly flat roads and I'm averaging 13 mph.

Who are you? Eric

Where are you? New York City

How big are you? 6'2" 220

What do you ride? Raleigh C-30 Hybrid

How do you ride? NYC Bicycle Paths and 40 - 65 Mile Tours

What are your goals? To Keep on Truckin'
General Fitness

cathald said:
Hi I am Cathal

I am from Donegal Ireland

I am 6 feet tall and weigh 18 stone(250lbs)

I have my own old rallagh mountain bike but I am using my friends claud butler road bike at the moment and hope to get a road bike soon

My goals are to get fit and perhaps join a local cycling club when I get fast enough

Cathal
Don't Wait until you're fast enough. Do it now.

vfrpilot1 said:
Don't Wait until you're fast enough. Do it now.
Right on. I rode alone and have recently found a couple riding partners. My main thought was "don't drop me guys"; the guy who rides tris and races cat-5 complimented me with "you are a strong rider!"

Just join, you'll fit in.*

* - of course, I say this having not joined a riding club myself.

Who are you? wsbrook aka Scott

Where are you? Little Rock, Arkansas

How big are you? 265 lbs and dropping

What do you ride? Bianchi Trofeo

How do you ride? Any way that I can and usually all over the road.

What are your goals? I'm getting back into triathlon shape and plan to do an Ironman in the future.

Who are you? Russ

Where are you? SF Bay Area, California

How big are you? 6'1" 207lbs

What do you ride? 09 Trek 5.5 Madone / Specialize Rock Hopper

How do you ride? Road primarily

What are your goals? I've met my main riding goals this year. Three double centuries, and the Death Ride. My last remaining goal is to get below 200

Wlfdg said:
We have our own sub-forum :cool:

Who are you?
Hi, my name is John

Where are you?
I live in Mid Michigan

How big are you?
5' 81/2 " - 238lb

What do you ride?
2009 Specialized TriCross Sport

How do you ride?
Not many trails around me, ride mainly on local roads.

What are your goals?
Want to get in shape to take my first tour with Son-inlaw in the spring

Who are you?
Turbo329 :cool:

Where are you?
Queens, NYC, USA

How big are you?
223lbs carb loaded
216.5lbs empty stomach and carb depleted

What do you ride?
2008 Trek 1.5
Williams System 58 Wheelset - Riding Competitively
Bontrager SSR Wheelset - Training
Shimano 105 50/39 semi compact Crankset
Nashbar Carbon Seatpost
Nashbar TFX Saddle

How do you ride?
2-3 weekday rides 20-30 miles each
1 long Sunday Ride 75 mile minimum (minimum used to be 50)

What are your goals?
This seasons goals were to complete my first Century and to reach 40mph on a flat. Both goals were reached

Chavez said:
5'9" and the last time I hopped on the scale I was about 230 lbs. I feel like I might be dropping down into the 215 range, though.

Official weight at doctor's office - 218.

Hi Everyone,

Well,I stop here to say big Hello to each and every member of this community.My name is Marry from California want to share my ideas and knowledge with others.I am happy if some one from this community want to communicate with me on general issues.

Thanks

Who are you?
My name is Paul.

Where are you?
I live in Maryland and work in DC

How big are you?
I'm about 5'10" 240 lbs. My biggest :fit: issue is that I only have a 29" inseam, so finding a bike that fits is a pain.

What do you ride?
I have a GT MTB, and a Trek Pilot 5.2 (carbon road) but my two favorite bikes are a Surly LHT, set up for commute and touring, and a Rawland Sogn I built myself, set up for anything I can throw at it! Us big folks really ought to look at 650B bikes more.

How do you ride?
I don't race, and I train too infrequently. I ride to the metro, sometimes commute to work. When I go on a Driving vacation, I usuallyt bring a bike. Visited Savannah GA and Charleston SC - spent two days in each, biking.

What are your goals?
To ride every day, die of old age, having ridden the day before.

hahaha, i really can't believe there's a subforum for riders like us! i'm the only one around my town my size that bike's ~16 miles a day, so i'm pretty jazzed to find you guys here. anyway...

Who are you?
Teddy

Where are you?
Los Angeles, CA

How big are you?
203 lbs. (92 kg).

What do you ride?
Stella Arctic 3 spd. for leisure, Univega Supra Sport for more serious rides

How do you ride?
roads, urban exploration

What are your goals?
when i first started, my goal was to lose some weight. i'm down ~40lbs, (about 19 kg). so i guess my next goal is to increase my riding stamina, and maybe do a 30 mile ride.

neat. i'll be browsing around more often, i've got much to learn. cheers!