Inversion training!

Sheldon

Guest
Hi Guys,

I am considering buying a inversion training kit consisting of a chin
up bar and boots. I would like to know if this type of training is as
good as it claims? Has anyone any experience with this?
I do suffer from back pain due to a bulging disc and training does help
but from time to time training does irritate my back. I am impressed
with what this type of training promises - just skeptical that all.

Anyone?,

Sincerely,
Sheldon

I have the setup whcih I use on a powerrack. It works for my lower back
pain. I also do crunches and the unusual angle is a great addition to the
abs workout. Follow instructions carefully and limit your exposure the first
few times. I couldn't do it for more than a minute before I became
uncomfortable. And be careful. You slip, you die or become paralyzed.

"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am considering buying a inversion training kit consisting of a chin
> up bar and boots. I would like to know if this type of training is as
> good as it claims? Has anyone any experience with this?
> I do suffer from back pain due to a bulging disc and training does help
> but from time to time training does irritate my back. I am impressed
> with what this type of training promises - just skeptical that all.
>
> Anyone?,
>
> Sincerely,
> Sheldon

"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote
> Hi Guys,

That sounds gay. Nothing wrong with that, but, I thought I'd mention it.

> I am considering buying a inversion training kit consisting of a chin
> up bar and boots. I would like to know if this type of training is as
> good as it claims? Has anyone any experience with this?
> I do suffer from back pain due to a bulging disc and training does help
> but from time to time training does irritate my back. I am impressed
> with what this type of training promises - just skeptical that all.

Especially for someone with a pre-existing spinal problem, the type of
inversion you're considering is BAD and DANGEROUS. Boots and a bar give you
ONE option: complete inversion. That can be too much.

What you want, what I've used for years, is a tilt table type device,
allowing anything from 0-100% inversion, easily and safely. Here's an
example www.bodytrends.com/products/inversion/overeasytable.htm Note that I
DO NOT necessarily recommend this brand or website. It's just an example.
I've seen them advertised for less that $200.

David

Hi Mack,

What are the chances of falling? Is the equipment made without such
safety gurads?
Since I see only images and not the real thing, I must rely on you for
more detail. Can you describe a situtation where such an accident might
happen?

appreciate your candor,
Sheldon

Thanks for your advice David - and for the record - I am not gay,
sorry.
This table sounds like a good idea as well.
It would also be interesting to know why you used this device and how
has it helped you?

Cheers,
Sheldon

"David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote
>> Hi Guys,

>That sounds gay. Nothing wrong with that, but, I thought I'd mention it.
>>
>> I am considering buying a inversion training kit consisting of a chin
>> up bar and boots. I would like to know if this type of training is as
>> good as it claims? Has anyone any experience with this?
>> I do suffer from back pain due to a bulging disc and training does help
>> but from time to time training does irritate my back. I am impressed
>> with what this type of training promises - just skeptical that all.

>Especially for someone with a pre-existing spinal problem, the type of
>inversion you're considering is BAD and DANGEROUS. Boots and a bar give you
>ONE option: complete inversion. That can be too much.
>
>What you want, what I've used for years, is a tilt table type device,
>allowing anything from 0-100% inversion, easily and safely. Here's an
>example www.bodytrends.com/products/inversion/overeasytable.htm Note that I
>DO NOT necessarily recommend this brand or website. It's just an example.
>I've seen them advertised for less that $200.

If he has a Sam's Club membership, he can get one delivered to his
door (shipping included) for $167.48 US.

"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote
> Thanks for your advice David - and for the record - I am not gay,
> sorry.

Yeah, that's what those two cowboys in Brokeback mountain said, and, you
know how that worked out.

> This table sounds like a good idea as well.

No. It sounds like a much better, much safer, much more effective, idea.

> It would also be interesting to know why you used this device and how
> has it helped you?

L5-S1 joint compression from being a stupid teenager, many, MANY decades
ago, and sacroiliac joint compression from lingering stupidity in my 20's.

90% relief in one day, 99% relief in one week, occasional use nearly
eliminating any trace of a chronic, life long condition.

Best money I ever spent.

Well, maybe not best...there WAS that hooker on my 16th birthday...but, well
worth it!

David

haha!
Ok... if you think that I am gay then that's ok with me.
Thanks for the insight and info.

Sheldon

David Cohen wrote:

> Well, maybe not best...there WAS that hooker on my 16th birthday...

Really?

Dally

"Dally" <[email protected]> wrote
> David Cohen wrote:
>
>> Well, maybe not best...there WAS that hooker on my 16th birthday...

> Really?

How old is your son?

David

David Cohen wrote:

> "Dally" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>>David Cohen wrote:
>>

>>>Well, maybe not best...there WAS that hooker on my 16th birthday...

>>Really?

> How old is your son?

One's turning 13, the other is 6.

Dally

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 19:28:22 GMT, "David Cohen"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Yeah, that's what those two cowboys in Brokeback mountain said, and, you
>know how that worked out.

I missed that movie. So, were they? Or I mean, did they? You know...

On 14 Jan 2006 11:47:53 -0800, "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:

>haha!
>Ok... if you think that I am gay then that's ok with me.
>Thanks for the insight and info.
>
>Sheldon

Please "Shelly", we all know nobody named "Sheldon" could possibly be
straight.

"Dally" <[email protected]> wrote
> David Cohen wrote:

>>>Really?

>> How old is your son?

> One's turning 13, the other is 6.

In three years, bring the older one on a vacation to Las Vegas. His birthday
present awaits him a short hour drive over the county line.

David

David Cohen wrote:

> "Dally" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>>David Cohen wrote:
>>
>>>"Dally" <[email protected]> wrote

>>>How old is your son?

>>One's turning 13, the other is 6.

> In three years, bring the older one on a vacation to Las Vegas. His birthday
> present awaits him a short hour drive over the county line.

Everyone has a claim on that boy. When he's 14 I'm supposed to send him
into the Michigan woods with my natal menfolk to shoot something.

Turning cutey-pie little boys into men is a tougher job that it seems
for a mother.

Dally

I don't think the chances of falling are great, or we would have heard about
cases and the chances of a lawsuit would stop anyone from manufacturing or
distributing the boots. The boots do use a mechanical device to lock the
boots to the plastic hooks which loop over the bar. That makes me a bit
nervous but maybe I'm just a nancy. As for D. Cohen's advice, using an
inversion table is the more conservative approach, but I didn't think I
needed that. If you're reasonably healthy and not too screwed up in the
back, the boots should be fine. Most of all, you have to read the
instructions and go easy the first few times out. If you have any
reservations, get the table (no pun intended).

"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Mack,
>
> What are the chances of falling? Is the equipment made without such
> safety gurads?
> Since I see only images and not the real thing, I must rely on you for
> more detail. Can you describe a situtation where such an accident might
> happen?
>
> appreciate your candor,
> Sheldon

there have been lawsuits, Schmuck