Investing in an existing frame

larrynipon

Sep 17, 2003
If you had a Lemond carbon/ti tete de course would you make the investment to drop in a Di2? I still think its one of the best frames out here.

Originally Posted by larrynipon .

If you had a Lemond carbon/ti tete de course would you make the investment to drop in a Di2? I still think its one of the best frames out here.
If you like the frame and want Di2, then do it. You might, though, want to also consider Ui2 to save a bit of cash.

Originally Posted by alienator .

If you like the frame and want Di2, then do it. You might, though, want to also consider[COLOR= #0000ff] Ui2 [/COLOR]to save a bit of cash.
FWIW. Although 'I' know that many people have been using the [COLOR= #0000ff]Ui2[/COLOR] shorthand to refer to the Ultegra Di2 drivetrain, the shorthand is probably fraught with future hazards ...

What will the inevitable 105 variant be referred to?

• [COLOR= #0000ff]1i2 [/COLOR]== one 'I' two
  • [COLOR= #0000ff]Oi2[/COLOR] ([COLOR= #808080]that's a capital 'o'[/COLOR]) == O([COLOR= #808080]h[/COLOR]) 'i' two
  • [COLOR= #0000ff]something else!?![/COLOR]
  • [COLOR= #000000]or, simply use Shimano's probable 105 Di2 designation[/COLOR]

BTW. I have to believe that Di2 ([COLOR= #0000ff]D[/COLOR][COLOR= #66ccff]igital [/COLOR][COLOR= #0000ff]I[/COLOR][COLOR= #66ccff]ntegrated [/COLOR][COLOR= #0000ff]I[/COLOR][COLOR= #66ccff]ntelligence[/COLOR]), like STI, probably sounds better before it is translated into English OR it is supposed to infer some sort of Borg-like synthesis between the rider and the drivetrain which is manifested in the speed & precision of the chain transfer OR it is possibly supposed to infer some sort of AI is incorporated.

It is a nice frame and is worth a nice grouppo. Does that answer your question?

What qualifies as a "nice grouppo" comes down to personal preference.