Invisibility cloak

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Wafflycathcsdir, Feb 5, 2003.

  1. As all good cyclists know, wearing high vis clothing & reflectives renders one completely invisible
    to SMIDSYs... I was wondering, would this have the opposite effect?

    See http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_747591.html

    Cheers, helen s ;-)

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    Tags:

  2. wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    > As all good cyclists know, wearing high vis clothing & reflectives renders one completely
    > invisible to SMIDSYs... I was wondering, would this have the opposite effect?
    >
    > See http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_747591.html

    Well, I can still see the cyclist :)

    Odd really, you'll be virtually invisible as long as the enemy are looking at you through the
    special system he has developed. If they look at you without his camera you'll be there!

    Colin

  3. Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote: ( wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote: ) > As all
    http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_747591.html ) ( Odd really, you'll be virtually invisible as
    long as the enemy are ) looking at you through the special system he has developed. If they look (
    at you without his camera you'll be there!

    You'd need very strange bars if you were going to cycle in a garment that held your arms out at that
    angle, too.

  4. >Odd really, you'll be virtually invisible as long as the enemy are looking at you through the
    >special system he has developed. If they look at you without his camera you'll be there!

    And I thought I was the only one to have spotted the flaw ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  5. wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    >>Odd really, you'll be virtually invisible as long as the enemy are looking at you through the
    >>special system he has developed. If they look at you without his camera you'll be there!
    >

    > And I thought I was the only one to have spotted the flaw ;-)

    Yeah, but motorists will be able to buy this special devices to let them see hazards beyond
    the next car.

    Colin

  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > As all good cyclists know, wearing high vis clothing & reflectives renders
    one
    > completely invisible to SMIDSYs... I was wondering, would this have the opposite effect?
    >
    > See http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_747591.html
    >
    > Cheers, helen s ;-)

    1. Any pilot who needs to see through the floor of the cockpit to be able to land his plane would
    seriously worry me!!

    2. Science fiction becomes science fact (again).....memories of Predator here, although the
    irridescent green effect would have shone in the jungle!!

    Dave.

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Colin Blackburn wrote:

    > Yeah, but motorists will be able to buy this special devices to let them see hazards beyond the
    > next car.

    Yeah, right. Like they will be able to buy windows so they can see hazards nearer than the next
    car, you mean?

    --
    Guy
    ===

  8. Paul - XXX

    Paul - XXX Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter deftly scribbled ;

    > As all good cyclists know, wearing high vis clothing & reflectives renders one completely
    > invisible to SMIDSYs... I was wondering, would this have the opposite effect?
    >
    > See http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_747591.html

    LOL, so if being invisible means glowing bright green, I have some tins of invisibility paint going
    cheap .. ish ... ;)

    --
    ...................................Paul-xxx Seti 1391 wu in 9942 hours
    http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

  9. Lardy Ninja

    Lardy Ninja Guest

    Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    > >>Odd really, you'll be virtually invisible as long as the enemy are looking at you through the
    > >>special system he has developed. If they look at you without his camera you'll be there!
    > >

    > > And I thought I was the only one to have spotted the flaw ;-)
    >
    > Yeah, but motorists will be able to buy this special devices to let them see hazards beyond the
    > next car.

    Or simply take Mr Smith's advanced driving test :)

    LN