Invisibility cloak

Wafflycathcsdir

Guest
As all good cyclists know, wearing high vis clothing & reflectives renders one completely invisible
to SMIDSYs... I was wondering, would this have the opposite effect?

See http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_747591.html

Cheers, helen s ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
> As all good cyclists know, wearing high vis clothing & reflectives renders one completely
> invisible to SMIDSYs... I was wondering, would this have the opposite effect?
>
> See http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_747591.html

Well, I can still see the cyclist :)

Odd really, you'll be virtually invisible as long as the enemy are looking at you through the
special system he has developed. If they look at you without his camera you'll be there!

Colin

Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote: ( wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote: ) > As all
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_747591.html ) ( Odd really, you'll be virtually invisible as
long as the enemy are ) looking at you through the special system he has developed. If they look (
at you without his camera you'll be there!

You'd need very strange bars if you were going to cycle in a garment that held your arms out at that
angle, too.

>Odd really, you'll be virtually invisible as long as the enemy are looking at you through the
>special system he has developed. If they look at you without his camera you'll be there!

And I thought I was the only one to have spotted the flaw ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
>>Odd really, you'll be virtually invisible as long as the enemy are looking at you through the
>>special system he has developed. If they look at you without his camera you'll be there!
>

> And I thought I was the only one to have spotted the flaw ;-)

Yeah, but motorists will be able to buy this special devices to let them see hazards beyond
the next car.

Colin

> As all good cyclists know, wearing high vis clothing & reflectives renders
one
> completely invisible to SMIDSYs... I was wondering, would this have the opposite effect?
>
> See http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_747591.html
>
> Cheers, helen s ;-)

1. Any pilot who needs to see through the floor of the cockpit to be able to land his plane would
seriously worry me!!

2. Science fiction becomes science fact (again).....memories of Predator here, although the
irridescent green effect would have shone in the jungle!!

Dave.

Colin Blackburn wrote:

> Yeah, but motorists will be able to buy this special devices to let them see hazards beyond the
> next car.

Yeah, right. Like they will be able to buy windows so they can see hazards nearer than the next
car, you mean?

--
Guy
===

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter deftly scribbled ;

> As all good cyclists know, wearing high vis clothing & reflectives renders one completely
> invisible to SMIDSYs... I was wondering, would this have the opposite effect?
>
> See http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_747591.html

LOL, so if being invisible means glowing bright green, I have some tins of invisibility paint going
cheap .. ish ... ;)

--
...................................Paul-*** Seti 1391 wu in 9942 hours
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
> >>Odd really, you'll be virtually invisible as long as the enemy are looking at you through the
> >>special system he has developed. If they look at you without his camera you'll be there!
> >

> > And I thought I was the only one to have spotted the flaw ;-)
>
> Yeah, but motorists will be able to buy this special devices to let them see hazards beyond the
> next car.

Or simply take Mr Smith's advanced driving test :)

LN