Inxpensive computers that display miles instead of kilometers???

sherides

Jun 18, 2011
Can any of you recommend some inexpensive computers, easy for a beginner, that would use miles rather than kilometers. Thank you!

After reading some of the computer threads here I went looking for Sigma, Cateye or similar inexpensive computers but they look like they all display kilometers rather than miles per hour. The reviews on the Bell and Schwinn computers that do use miles were not very good.

I am a brand new cyclist. I don't think I need cadence measuring or backlighting, and it seems the 8 function computers would be just fine. Too many functions would just be confusing. The most important thing is the cost has to be low.

I admit I am a bit overwhelmed by all the choices so I thank you in advance for your help.

Karen :)

Walmart, Bell wireless, $20!

Have had two over a year with no problems. They
rear both plus other things, temp time, ect.

walmart bell 20$ i bought one, has an idiglo light, and temparute F. no cadence but everything else you need.. great for night rides, cant believe for 20 you can get one with a light.

Every computer I have seen can be switched in settings between metric and imperial units. This includes the main brands Cateye, Sigma, et al.

The option is displayed early in the set-up process and defaults to metric unless you change it.

Originally Posted by tafi .

Every computer I have seen can be switched in settings between metric and imperial units. This includes the main brands Cateye, Sigma, et al.

The option is displayed early in the set-up process and defaults to metric unless you change it.
+1. Setting the units is usually the first step in the set-up. Most of the computers are made outside of the US where metric units are the norm, and the default is metric. Therefore, when an advertising photo is taken, the computer is in default mode and is showing metric.

Originally Posted by nothingman81 .

but all of them have MILES PER HOUR!

I would have thought this was the case, but a review at Amazon.com said the device would not display miles, so that got me worried. Perhaps that guy was just technically challenged. :)

Thanks everyone for your input!