Ipswich Suffolk

Gooty

Guest
Hi

After new off road routes , ipswich area,

Drop me a line

Simon

Gooty wrote:
> Hi
>

> After new off road routes , ipswich area,

If you wander up towards Woodbridge there's Rendlesham Forest. Watch
out for the UFOs though.

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:16:06 +0000, Gooty wrote:

> After new off road routes , ipswich area,

Stick to off-road around Ipswich... Last year I was heading back to the
station from visiting Sutton Hoo and picked a nice quiet country lane on
the map. What I didn't know was that Ipswich Footies were playing at home
that evening, and that this "quiet country lane" was a major rat-run for
the footie spectators :-(

Still, I _did_ get into town faster than the caged footie mob ;-))

Mike

Gooty wrote:
> Hi
>

> After new off road routes , ipswich area,

Probably better on-road in the area to be honest; roads are mostly quiet and
traffic is slower than areas nearer to London.

However,
There is Rendlesham forest (beyond Woodbridge) and the associated sandy
stuff between the forest and the Deben river.
There are routes around Alton water reservoir *if* you get a map out and
piece them together and use a bit of imagination (heading out as far as
Freston, Brantham, Bentley, Belstead, Bergholt). Otherwise you end up on the
not particularly interesting "cycle round the reservoir" track.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> Gooty wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>

>> After new off road routes , ipswich area,

> If you wander up towards Woodbridge there's Rendlesham Forest. Watch
> out for the UFOs though.

I can send you the route of the Suffolk CTC Rough Stuff course (October
16th 2005) if you want. Currently starts at Bromeswell, just outside
Woodbridge. 25 mile long, with pportunity for a tea stop at Butley Pottery