Iraq

ewep

Jan 31, 2002
This seems to be the only thing on the news. What do you guys think. Personally I think that George W is pushing the whole world into war and causing a general "meltdown" of democracy. Yes, Saddam causes problems, but will all the deaths be worth it? Is this a personal vendetta by the US (remeber Bush Sr. in '91)?

War is not fun. For those of you who haven't experienced it, it's hell! You never know what's going to happen and you never feel safe in your own house. You worry about your family at home and the family cry themselves to sleep EVERY night. I know, my dad was in the war in Angola, my grandfather was in WWII and I was in the "township war" of the pre-democracy SA.

As for the "Human Sh*ts (sorry Shields)". This is a HOPELESS waste of human lives. A human will not stop a 1000pd bom!

Just my 10c worth. If I have offended anyone, I'm sorry. I just feel that peace is better than war.

Originally posted by ewep
This seems to be the only thing on the news. What do you guys think. Personally I think that George W is pushing the whole world into war and causing a general "meltdown" of democracy. Yes, Saddam causes problems, but will all the deaths be worth it? Is this a personal vendetta by the US (remeber Bush Sr. in '91)?

War is not fun. For those of you who haven't experienced it, it's hell! You never know what's going to happen and you never feel safe in your own house. You worry about your family at home and the family cry themselves to sleep EVERY night. I know, my dad was in the war in Angola, my grandfather was in WWII and I was in the "township war" of the pre-democracy SA.

As for the "Human Sh*ts (sorry Shields)". This is a HOPELESS waste of human lives. A human will not stop a 1000pd bom!

Just my 10c worth. If I have offended anyone, I'm sorry. I just feel that peace is better than war.

Sorry i'm not sure what you're talking about, I’m taking a Porsche for a test drive next week, its gonna happen war or not. The war wont have any lasting effect on my life!

I live in Australia, we have a great leader, Iraq happens to have a bad one, pathetic isnt it!

Unfortunately it is easier to make war than it is to make peace, and it is easier to stop peace than to stop war. ©

I wonder if this whole thing will leave us in shock, or leave us in awe?

Did you see the frightened ones?
Did you hear the falling bombs?
Did you ever wonder why we
Had to run for shelter when the
Promise of a brave, new world
Unfurled beneath the clear blue sky?
Did you see the frightened ones?
Did you hear the falling bombs?
The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on.
Goodbye, blue sky

(Pink Floyd)

Hey Vo2, look on the bright side.

At least the war might give Roger Waters some material for a new album.

Saw a doco on those "Humand sheilds" all the original ones but one have left Iraq.:D they all changed their mind about it.
Of cource their are New Idi..Sheild going there still.

ewep your beaking the golden rules. dont talk about sex drugs and politics. that way you keep more friends:p ;)

I dont think we should sit on our but if something is not right and let it keep on happening just to avoid conflict that does not work in the long run imo

I'm not convinced there is really anything wrong with Iraq to justify an invasion. Saddam Hussein may or may not have weapons of mass destruction (neither side has proved their case as far as I'm concerned), so what? Why shouldn't he?

Think about this. India and Pakistan spent most of 2002 threatening to blow each other off the face of the planet, possibly taking the rest of the world (including us) with them, nobody cares. N. Korea threatens to nuke the US, even going as far as firing weapons into the sea of Japan, nobody cares. The US has killed more people with weapons of mass destruction than the rest of the world combined, is anybody asking them to disarm?

If somebody wants do disarm the whole world, that's fine. However, this isn't going to happen here. I also find it interesting that the middle east is by far the most oil-rich region in the world, and GWB got elected basically because of oil money. Sounds like a very interesting coincidence to me.

As far as I'm concerned, this country should just be staying right out of this one.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm going for a ride anyway. I'm not going to bother with Mr Howard's "alert but not alarmed" (or whatever it is) garbage. If a terrorist wants to wipe me out, so be it. I just hope he does it quickly. I doubt I'll need to worry about it as I'm not the one who's spent the last 40 years trying to run the world and impose my culture on everyone else.

Rant over.

Originally posted by Blimp
Hey Vo2, look on the bright side.

At least the war might give Roger Waters some material for a new album.

Yep, right on Blimp. I betya he is already busy with his new album.

I doubt I'll need to worry about it as I'm not the one who's spent the last 40 years trying to run the world and impose my culture on everyone else.

come on you like geting Cannondales,litespeeds and specialed bike pushed on you,no? and then going to eat at KFC,MACS or SIZZLERS or ..... I like some of that culture :) dont you?

Originally posted by GearGrinder
come on you like geting Cannondales,litespeeds and specialed bike pushed on you,no? and then going to eat at KFC,MACS or SIZZLERS or ..... I like some of that culture :) dont you?

I can honestly say, I haven't eaten at any of those places in at least eight years. :D Gimme my pasta!

Originally posted by GearGrinder

I've never eaten in (or anything from) KFC or Sizzlers it would be about 5 or 6 years since I last ate 'inside' maccas store for that matter :D

I do ride a C'dale though :D Did someone mention pasta?

Originally posted by steve
I've never eaten in (or anything from) KFC or Sizzlers it would be about 5 or 6 years since I last ate 'inside' maccas store for that matter

Oh, I ate inside the maccas in Surfers not so long ago, I just didn't eat any of their food. I had other food with me, but it was a blazing hot day and they were providing free airconditioning. Maybe this Amercan Culture isn't so bad after all!

Originally posted by Chris_L
I'm not convinced there is really anything wrong with Iraq to justify an invasion.

It seems your not the only one :D :D

Hey Chris L.

What is a McShit? (going into a fast food outlet just to use the facilities).

A McShit with lies is where you go into a fast food outlet just the use the facilities, and promise a pimply staff member that you intend to purchase a burger when you have finished...

Originally posted by Blimp
Hey Chris L.

What is a McShit? (going into a fast food outlet just to use the facilities).

A McShit with lies is where you go into a fast food outlet just the use the facilities, and promise a pimply staff member that you intend to purchase a burger when you have finished...

That's why I didn't promise them I'd buy anything. I just walked in, sat down, and ate. If they didn't want me to, they only had to put up a sign or something like that.

Don't you have Nando's flame grilled chicken stores Down Under?

Imagine a life without Nandos. It's like living without my bike. Please stop now, you are scaring me.

Imagine a life without Nandos. It's like living without my bike. Please stop now, you are scaring me.

1/2 a chicken HOT with chips and a coke!!!! OOOOH MAMMA! :D :D

See you later I'm going out for lunch!

Don't forget the Giblets and Spicey dip.

(where's my phone, gotta tell the wife about dinner) :p

Click on this link for an awesome shot of what Baghdad used to look like before the allied air strikes.

It's quite a large image, and may take some time to download depending on your connection speed.