Iraq

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by ewep, Mar 19, 2003.

1. szr660

szr660 New Member

Mate we have Namdos here in South London, its a LOT of steps up from Maccas/KFC and that foul ilk! I used to eat all that rubbish until about 3 years ago, not that often mind. However I became convinced that its not cheap, its not nice, its not good for you. My father was right all those years ago when Maccas came to Aussie..however I can't write what he said about the first burger he ever had or I would get banned!

Scotty - Specialized Sirrus Sport - SZR660 SRX600

2. Black Belt

Black Belt Guest

Jeezz...in one page we go from global nuclear war to Australian chicken sammitches...Holy Toledo...

3. el Ingles

el Ingles New Member

NO A LA GUERRA

4. rossoreduk

rossoreduk New Member

i dont like wars....prefered Clinton to Bush...he's caused nothing but misery! Maybe the attacks on the WTC were cos he was elected? Its all his fault blame him....He's commin to UK next week. we dont want him.........u can keep the runt!

5. el Ingles

el Ingles New Member

Can anybody tell me the difference between a suicide car bomb and 30 tonnes of bombs dumped on a city by a B-52 ?
    How can anybody prepared to die in an attack be called a coward ?
    In the old days kings and generals fought and died on the battlefield now they stay continents away and kill by computergame , progress .
    And all you people want to talk about is food ?????????????
    reality check please

6. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

The two main motivations for humans is food and sex and not necessarily in that order.What do you expect from a primitive race such as humans.

7. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

The two main motivations for humans is food and sex and not necessarily in that order.What do you expect from a primitive race such as humans.

8. tday

tday New Member

your moving picture is annoying!

9. bioguy

bioguy New Member

October 12, 2000 - USS Cole attacked
    August 7, 1998 - US Embassies in Tanzania & Kenya attacked
    I think it's fair to say that it wouldn't have mattered to Bin Laden who was president.
    I don't like wars either, but we have been attacked repeatedly and have finally realized that it will continue unless we stay on the offensive and take the war to those who started it.
    -Bioguy

10. amorevelo

amorevelo New Member

Look I hate the idea of war just as much as the next guy. The only real difference between me and you is this: while your at home this next Christmas singing koombiya or whatever it is you do, I'm going to be getting shot at and help protect the innocent Iraqi people whom this war devastated. I am a member of 2nd Radio Battalion; II Mef; US Marine Corps, french speaking. I had no idea that I would be over there, this effects my whole life, so whenever your out riding thinking that you don;t know anyone over there, you do, me and about 300 others from my Battalion as well. Even cyclists get the call to serve. OOORAH

11. Hitchy

Hitchy New Member

G'day,

Getting back to Iraq........was watching CNN one evening just after Saddam had been chucked out......some reporter was babbling on, live from a tank speeding thru the desert, or some such guff....anyway, bombs were going off all around them....smoke everywhere, etc (you get the picture).The camera man panned off the reporter to a sort of wide angle view. There tooling down the road...was half a dozen Iraqi's in lycra on their roadbikes out training for the Olympics!!!......Funniest thing I'd seen in ages........but it stopped me whinging about OUR traffic when I'm out training!,

PS. Yeah, OZ has Nando's...Do you want them back?.....food's crap but they have very funny radio ads,

cheers,

Hitchy

12. el Ingles

el Ingles New Member

Yes be nice to ask the people there what they think : don´t seem their lives are any better having changed one oppresser for another .

13. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

When were you there to ask them and how did the poll turn out.
    We all want to see the results.:confused:

14. el Ingles

el Ingles New Member

re the Kurds , yes they will if that¨s what¨s needed to get them control of the oil fields and their puppet government in power - you know the people who told them all about the wmd´s that aren´t there .
    Plus if Bremmer isn´t not keeping score of civilians killed by US troops ( or knows but won´t tell the media ) who knows what´s really going on , remember you people came up with operation pheonix in Vietnam ( isn´t Bremmer ex cia ? )

15. el Ingles

el Ingles New Member

Yes but only the US claims to be doing it in the name of Democracy while empire building : also your doing it in the 21st century , we did it in the 19th - when you were at home exterminating the Indians ( or is that native americans these days ? ) or faking an excuse to go to war with Spain ? so slight difference . Mind you that fake thing´s getting to be a habit first the Maine incident , then the Tonkien incident now WMD´s .
    Was it to support democracy that you helped put Pinochet in power , and supported every tinpot right wing dictator in the world for the last 50 years ?

Mind you your choice of the kurds ( and my reply ) would have been better if we´d talked of the Shiites in the south who really did suffer after gulf war 1 when they rose up against Saddam in reply to US calls and were then left to hang by Bush senior .
    The Kurds have been attacked by ( and have attacked ) all their neighbours in the area at one time of another as they continue to fight against Turkey , Syria , Iran and Russia trying to establish an independant Kurdistan ( the PKK being famous for brutalities commited against Turkish civilians ) so they ain´t that innocent in the grand scheme of things .

16. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

17. alicem

alicem New Member

Mind you your choice of the kurds ( and my reply ) would have been better if we´d talked of the Shiites in the south who really did suffer after gulf war 1 when they rose up against Saddam in reply to US calls and were then left to hang by Bush senior .
    The Kurds have been attacked by ( and have attacked ) all their neighbours in the area at one time of another as they continue to fight against Turkey , Syria , Iran and Russia trying to establish an independant Kurdistan ( the PKK being famous for brutalities commited against Turkish civilians ) so they ain´t that innocent in the grand scheme of things . [/B][/QUOTE]

The word 'innocent' doesn't apply in my vocabulary in any respect to any person who picks up a weapon and uses it. (oh, I'm an Army/Foreign Office Brat btw so it isn't like I was bought up surrounded by a massive CND sign)

The comment on the Kurds as you put it saddened me. Do you have any idea how the vast majority of the Kurdish population have to live now thanks to genocide, not the struggles you were referring to?

What about those who have had to seek Asylum as well? Could you imagine how you would feel if after all the torture already endured you still have to struggle through more subtle means of being ousted in this supposedly free democatic world we live in?

:(

18. alicem

alicem New Member

The Kurds have been attacked by ( and have attacked ) all their neighbours in the area at one time of another as they continue to fight against Turkey , Syria , Iran and Russia trying to establish an independant Kurdistan ( the PKK being famous for brutalities commited against Turkish civilians ) so they ain´t that innocent in the grand scheme of things . [/B][/QUOTE]

The word 'innocent' doesn't apply in my vocabulary in any respect to any person who picks up a weapon and uses it. (oh, I'm an Army/Foreign Office Brat btw so it isn't like I was bought up surrounded by a massive CND sign)

The comment on the Kurds as you put it saddened me. Do you have any idea how the vast majority of the Kurdish population have to live now thanks to genocide, not the struggles you were referring to?

What about those who have had to seek Asylum as well? Could you imagine how you would feel if after all the torture already endured you still have to struggle through more subtle means of being ousted in this supposedly free democatic world we live in?

19. alicem

alicem New Member

The Kurds have been attacked by ( and have attacked ) all their neighbours in the area at one time of another as they continue to fight against Turkey , Syria , Iran and Russia trying to establish an independant Kurdistan ( the PKK being famous for brutalities commited against Turkish civilians ) so they ain´t that innocent in the grand scheme of things . [/B][/QUOTE] (El Ingles)

20. alicem

alicem New Member

Humm, if it wasn't obvious my p.c suddenly appeared to jam and I didn't think my post had gone through!!! :confused: