IRC Chat?

Gistane

Mar 10, 2003
Are there any cycling IRC chat channels around? Or be good if Cycling Forums setup a channel on an irc network so we could all go there and chat off the boards.

Originally posted by Gistane
Are there any cycling IRC chat channels around? Or be good if Cycling Forums setup a channel on an irc network so we could all go there and chat off the boards.

Thats not a bad idea, we had one a year or so ago but nobody used it. We have about 30-40 times more traffic now, so maybe it's worth setting up as a trial?

Whats everyone else think?

cheers!

I think this is a good idea, i'm also on the irc channel of the BikeForums website, but i'm mostly all alone there ;-)

Thats maybe also the problem with starting an irc channel, if there's nobody there all the time people that come in to have a (first) look will probably leave and never come back if there's nobody there..

So i think it will need at least a couple of people that will be there regularly (i would... if i'm at home).. so the channel doesn't look completely empty all the time ;-)

Originally posted by DevilMan
I think this is a good idea, i'm also on the irc channel of the BikeForums website, but i'm mostly all alone there ;-)

Thats maybe also the problem with starting an irc channel, if there's nobody there all the time people that come in to have a (first) look will probably leave and never come back if there's nobody there..

So i think it will need at least a couple of people that will be there regularly (i would... if i'm at home).. so the channel doesn't look completely empty all the time ;-)

Thats why I haven't set one up here, an empty one looks worse than no at all. They get more visitors than we do, so i'm thinking it's still a waste of time for us....maybe?

I think there is an IRC hack for vbulletin, i'll check it out now!

cheers!

I don't think it's a waste of time..

Maybe they have more visitors, but i think this forum is a 'thighter' community, more regular posters, so if we can get a few regulars on the channel it might work... hell, we just have to make it work! ;-)

Steve,

Did you find anything about that IRC hack ??

If not, have a look at http://www.jpilot.com/ you can download the jirc webapplet here, which is the same applet bikeforums is using for irc access from their pages...

And it seems to be working fine, it's no real irc program ofcourse, but it nicely does what it's supposed to do

Come find some bike-minded ppl @ fire.flamenet.za.net:6667

#Camelot

Merlin; SpYkE; untitled

:)