Ireland, SE

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Ianto, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Ianto

    Ianto Guest

    Hi All, I'm taking the bike over to Rosslare in April and want to do a 4/5 day round camping trip
    from the ferry port averaging around fifty+ miles a day (with sight-seeing). Are there any
    documented itinaries in the area or should I just make it up as I go along. Ianto

    Tags:

  2. Rory

    Rory Guest

    "Ianto" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi All, I'm taking the bike over to Rosslare in April and want to do a 4/5 day round camping trip
    > from the ferry port averaging around fifty+ miles a day (with sight-seeing). Are there any
    > documented itinaries in the area or should I just make it up as I go along.

    The Sunny South-East: Take waterproofs. A good route might to be head nw towards Kilkenny. Dual
    carriageway to New Ross - but good cycle space - and from there up it's very scenic, then head
    toward south Tipp (depends how far you want to push on), and return along the coast to Waterford
    (Supermacs: have the Smokey Bacon burger, chips + curry sauce) and Tramore strand - avoid Summerhill
    - across the ferry at Passage/Ballyhack, out the Hook peninsula (visit Breffni's chipper in Fethard)
    and back to Rosslare.

  3. >The Sunny South-East: Take waterproofs. A good route might to be head nw towards Kilkenny. Dual
    >carriageway to New Ross - but good cycle space - and from there up it's very scenic, then head
    >toward south Tipp (depends how far you want to push on), and return along the coast to Waterford
    >(Supermacs: have the Smokey Bacon burger, chips + curry sauce) and Tramore strand - avoid
    >Summerhill - across the ferry at Passage/Ballyhack, out the Hook peninsula (visit Breffni's chipper
    >in Fethard) and back to Rosslare.

    If you're passing through New Ross; there's an excellent hostel just out of town (and one in town I
    never tried). I usually stay for a day or two, even if I'm cycling from Dublin to the west... No
    kidding about the waterproofs,though!

    Mark van Gorkom.