Ireland, SE

Ianto

Guest
Hi All, I'm taking the bike over to Rosslare in April and want to do a 4/5 day round camping trip
from the ferry port averaging around fifty+ miles a day (with sight-seeing). Are there any
documented itinaries in the area or should I just make it up as I go along. Ianto

"Ianto" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi All, I'm taking the bike over to Rosslare in April and want to do a 4/5 day round camping trip
> from the ferry port averaging around fifty+ miles a day (with sight-seeing). Are there any
> documented itinaries in the area or should I just make it up as I go along.

The Sunny South-East: Take waterproofs. A good route might to be head nw towards Kilkenny. Dual
carriageway to New Ross - but good cycle space - and from there up it's very scenic, then head
toward south Tipp (depends how far you want to push on), and return along the coast to Waterford
(Supermacs: have the Smokey Bacon burger, chips + curry sauce) and Tramore strand - avoid Summerhill
- across the ferry at Passage/Ballyhack, out the Hook peninsula (visit Breffni's chipper in Fethard)
and back to Rosslare.

>The Sunny South-East: Take waterproofs. A good route might to be head nw towards Kilkenny. Dual
>carriageway to New Ross - but good cycle space - and from there up it's very scenic, then head
>toward south Tipp (depends how far you want to push on), and return along the coast to Waterford
>(Supermacs: have the Smokey Bacon burger, chips + curry sauce) and Tramore strand - avoid
>Summerhill - across the ferry at Passage/Ballyhack, out the Hook peninsula (visit Breffni's chipper
>in Fethard) and back to Rosslare.

If you're passing through New Ross; there's an excellent hostel just out of town (and one in town I
never tried). I usually stay for a day or two, even if I'm cycling from Dublin to the west... No
kidding about the waterproofs,though!

Mark van Gorkom.