Ireland

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Dave Harney, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Dave Harney

    Dave Harney Guest

    Hi,

    I'm thinking about touring in Ireland in the area between Galway and Sligo. Does anyone have
    experience they would like to share about this area?

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Dave Holmes

    Dave Holmes Guest

    http://www.charm.net/~jdholmes - follow the obvious links. You'll love Ireland.

    Dave Harney wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm thinking about touring in Ireland in the area between Galway and Sligo. Does anyone have
    > experience they would like to share about this area?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Jacques

    Jacques Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 02:47:32 +0000, Dave Harney wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm thinking about touring in Ireland in the area between Galway and Sligo. Does anyone have
    > experience they would like to share about this area?
    >
    > Thanks

    Valid for all of Ireland: get the best stuff against rain. I speak from experience.

    Jacques

  4. Slygopher

    Slygopher Guest

    You should check out this link http://www.celtictrails.com/ They cover the area you are thinking of
    . As stated before be prepared for rain and chilly temps. I would not camp unless its between May
    and September. Even the you can get rained out. Other than that the traffic is light off the main
    road (N17)and the countryside is great. If in Galway try and get to Aran Islands (about 1 hour by
    ferry). All along West coast beaches are beautiful. Tour around Lough Gill in Sligo Enjoy Slygopher