Irma's Update

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by I Williams, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. I Williams

    I Williams Guest

    Hello everyone,

    Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted, but hopefully I am back in full swing. I want to
    offer congrats to all the losers and offer my support to all the people that has gained and to tell
    you to hang in there.

    The last time I posted I told you that I slept pretty much for four straight days. I went to the Dr
    and found out that my pottasium had dropped yet again. When they called they pretty much told me
    that I was lucky that I woke up. I was put on a higher prescription for pottasium that I am taking
    now. I have beeen on one form or another pottasium supplement since I had radiation for the thyroid.
    I am still pretty tired, but am now starting to feel more human.

    The weight that I lost during my Rip Van Winkle experience I gained back, but I really have not been
    concerned because I know that losing weight at this point should be on the back burnner until I can
    get my strength somewhat back to normal.. I am now at the weight I was when I got sick in Dec.

    Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents commented that I had lost a lot of
    weight and that I looked great so that made me feel better. So I know that I all my hard work is not
    going south.

    I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also want to start exercising
    again as well.

    Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what has been going on Irma

    Tags:

  2. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Nice to hear you ' re feeling better again. Take care of yourself!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/102.9/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.103/212 lbs "I Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted, but hopefully I am back in full swing. I want
    > to offer congrats to all the losers and offer my support to all the people that has gained and to
    > tell you to hang in
    there.

    > The last time I posted I told you that I slept pretty much for four
    straight
    > days. I went to the Dr and found out that my pottasium had dropped yet again. When they called
    > they pretty much told me that I was lucky that I woke up. I was put on a higher prescription for
    > pottasium that I am taking now. I have beeen on one form or another pottasium supplement since I
    > had radiation for the thyroid. I am still pretty tired, but am now starting to feel more human.
    >
    > The weight that I lost during my Rip Van Winkle experience I gained back, but I really have not
    > been concerned because I know that losing weight at this point should be on the back burnner
    > until I can get my strength somewhat back to normal.. I am now at the weight I was when I got
    > sick in Dec.
    >
    > Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents commented
    that
    > I had lost a lot of weight and that I looked great so that made me feel better. So I know that I
    > all my hard work is not going south.
    >
    > I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also want to start exercising
    > again as well.
    >
    > Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what has been going on Irma

  3. Connie

    Connie Guest

    I'm glad you're awake again. Welcome to the land of the living. What a nice NSV to be told that you
    had lost a lot of weight!! Good for you to be able to get to the point where you can get back on
    plan. Best wishes.

    Connie

    I Williams wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted, but hopefully I am back in full swing. I want
    > to offer congrats to all the losers and offer my support to all the people that has gained and to
    > tell you to hang in there.
    >
    > The last time I posted I told you that I slept pretty much for four straight days. I went to the
    > Dr and found out that my pottasium had dropped yet again. When they called they pretty much told
    > me that I was lucky that I woke up. I was put on a higher prescription for pottasium that I am
    > taking now. I have beeen on one form or another pottasium supplement since I had radiation for the
    > thyroid. I am still pretty tired, but am now starting to feel more human.
    >
    > The weight that I lost during my Rip Van Winkle experience I gained back, but I really have not
    > been concerned because I know that losing weight at this point should be on the back burnner
    > until I can get my strength somewhat back to normal.. I am now at the weight I was when I got
    > sick in Dec.
    >
    > Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents commented that I had lost a lot of
    > weight and that I looked great so that made me feel better. So I know that I all my hard work is
    > not going south.
    >
    > I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also want to start exercising
    > again as well.
    >
    > Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what has been going on Irma

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

  4. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Good to see that the health is on the up again, and the weigh sliding down... Those potassium levels
    are a right ole pain in the bum! Mine sank when I was ill, and they put me on a soluble supplement -
    it tasted so foul I accused the doctors of poisoning me! Just made the evil so-&-so's laugh... ;D

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  5. Hi Irma. Glad to hear from you again. Hope things will stay under control & you'll be able to follow
    the program & start losing again. Wish you luck. Elaine K

    I Williams wrote:

    >Hello everyone,
    >
    >Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted, but hopefully I am back in full swing. I want to
    >offer congrats to all the losers and offer my support to all the people that has gained and to tell
    >you to hang in there.
    >
    >The last time I posted I told you that I slept pretty much for four straight days. I went to the Dr
    >and found out that my pottasium had dropped yet again. When they called they pretty much told me
    >that I was lucky that I woke up. I was put on a higher prescription for pottasium that I am taking
    >now. I have beeen on one form or another pottasium supplement since I had radiation for the
    >thyroid. I am still pretty tired, but am now starting to feel more human.
    >
    >The weight that I lost during my Rip Van Winkle experience I gained back, but I really have not
    >been concerned because I know that losing weight at this point should be on the back burnner
    >until I can get my strength somewhat back to normal.. I am now at the weight I was when I got
    >sick in Dec.
    >
    >Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents commented that I had lost a lot of
    >weight and that I looked great so that made me feel better. So I know that I all my hard work is
    >not going south.
    >
    >I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also want to start exercising
    >again as well.
    >
    >Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what has been going on Irma

  6. Sooo good to hear you're regaining your health and can continue your weight loss as the result of
    good health.

    I took a mini-class of Stott Pilates at my YWCA and thoroughly enjoyed it. Found out in a quick
    hurry that my core muscles aren't muscles at all. I have core "mush"les. But I'm too cheap to pay
    cash for special classes on top of my monthly membership fee so I bought a fitness ball and a DVD of
    fitness ball exercises as a means of tightening my tummy. Which Pilates method are you using?

    Prairie Roots

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:06:52 -0600, "I Williams" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello everyone,
    >
    >Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted, but hopefully I am back in full swing. I want to
    >offer congrats to all the losers and offer my support to all the people that has gained and to tell
    >you to hang in there.
    >
    >The last time I posted I told you that I slept pretty much for four straight days. I went to the Dr
    >and found out that my pottasium had dropped yet again. When they called they pretty much told me
    >that I was lucky that I woke up. I was put on a higher prescription for pottasium that I am taking
    >now. I have beeen on one form or another pottasium supplement since I had radiation for the
    >thyroid. I am still pretty tired, but am now starting to feel more human.
    >
    >The weight that I lost during my Rip Van Winkle experience I gained back, but I really have not
    >been concerned because I know that losing weight at this point should be on the back burnner
    >until I can get my strength somewhat back to normal.. I am now at the weight I was when I got
    >sick in Dec.
    >
    >Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents commented that I had lost a lot of
    >weight and that I looked great so that made me feel better. So I know that I all my hard work is
    >not going south.
    >
    >I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also want to start exercising
    >again as well.
    >
    >Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what has been going on Irma

  7. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Hi again Irma... it's so great to hear from you! I'm glad things are going
    well for you and that you were lucky to see the doctor and get your
    potassium levels up and running again. My dad had something like that with
    an imbalance in his electrolytes when he drank too much water and he was
    walking around like a zombie... it was so weird. But anyway, I'm glad you
    are doing alright now. :) Great NSVs too! Good luck with everything!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/241.8/172

    "I Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted, but hopefully I am back in full swing. I want
    > to offer congrats to all the losers and offer my support to all the people that has gained and to
    > tell you to hang in
    there.

    > The last time I posted I told you that I slept pretty much for four
    straight
    > days. I went to the Dr and found out that my pottasium had dropped yet again. When they called
    > they pretty much told me that I was lucky that I woke up. I was put on a higher prescription for
    > pottasium that I am taking now. I have beeen on one form or another pottasium supplement since I
    > had radiation for the thyroid. I am still pretty tired, but am now starting to feel more human.
    >
    > The weight that I lost during my Rip Van Winkle experience I gained back, but I really have not
    > been concerned because I know that losing weight at this point should be on the back burnner
    > until I can get my strength somewhat back to normal.. I am now at the weight I was when I got
    > sick in Dec.
    >
    > Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents commented
    that
    > I had lost a lot of weight and that I looked great so that made me feel better. So I know that I
    > all my hard work is not going south.
    >
    > I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also want to start exercising
    > again as well.
    >
    > Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what has been going on Irma

  8. I am glad to see you are back and doing better, good luck with improving
    your health, Lee
    I Williams <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted, but hopefully I am back in full swing. I want
    > to offer congrats to all the losers and offer my support to all the people that has gained and to
    > tell you to hang in
    there.

    > The last time I posted I told you that I slept pretty much for four
    straight
    > days. I went to the Dr and found out that my pottasium had dropped yet again. When they called
    > they pretty much told me that I was lucky that I woke up. I was put on a higher prescription for
    > pottasium that I am taking now. I have beeen on one form or another pottasium supplement since I
    > had radiation for the thyroid. I am still pretty tired, but am now starting to feel more human.
    >
    > The weight that I lost during my Rip Van Winkle experience I gained back, but I really have not
    > been concerned because I know that losing weight at this point should be on the back burnner
    > until I can get my strength somewhat back to normal.. I am now at the weight I was when I got
    > sick in Dec.
    >
    > Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents commented
    that
    > I had lost a lot of weight and that I looked great so that made me feel better. So I know that I
    > all my hard work is not going south.
    >
    > I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also want to start exercising
    > again as well.
    >
    > Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what has been going on Irma

  9. I Williams

    I Williams Guest

    Nathalie,

    I am I will be so glad when I am back to normal. But looking on the bright side I just finihed a
    pilates workout Irma "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Nice to hear you ' re feeling better again. Take care of yourself!
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/102.9/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/226.9/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/102.9/96 Kg
    > 232/226.9/212 lbs "I Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hello everyone,
    > >
    > > Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted, but hopefully I am
    back
    > > in full swing. I want to offer congrats to all the losers and offer my support to all the people
    > > that has gained and to tell you to hang in
    > there.
    > >
    > > The last time I posted I told you that I slept pretty much for four
    > straight
    > > days. I went to the Dr and found out that my pottasium had dropped yet again. When they called
    > > they pretty much told me that I was lucky that I woke up. I was put on a higher prescription for
    > > pottasium that I am
    taking
    > > now. I have beeen on one form or another pottasium supplement since I
    had
    > > radiation for the thyroid. I am still pretty tired, but am now starting
    > > feel more human.
    > >
    > > The weight that I lost during my Rip Van Winkle experience I gained
    back,
    > > but I really have not been concerned because I know that losing weight
    at
    > > this point should be on the back burnner until I can get my strength somewhat back to normal.. I
    > > am now at the weight I was when I got sick
    in
    > > Dec.
    > >
    > > Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents commented
    > that
    > > I had lost a lot of weight and that I looked great so that made me feel better. So I know that I
    > > all my hard work is not going south.
    > >
    > > I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also
    want
    > > to start exercising again as well.
    > >
    > > Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what
    has
    > > been going on Irma

  10. I Williams

    I Williams Guest

    Connie,
    Thanks I am so glad that I am starting to feel better
    Irma
    "Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    > I'm glad you're awake again. Welcome to the land of the living. What a nice NSV to be told that
    > you had lost a lot of weight!! Good for you to be able to get to the point where you can get back
    > on plan. Best wishes.
    >
    > Connie
    >

    > I Williams wrote:
    > > Hello everyone,
    > >
    > > Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted, but hopefully I am
    back
    > > in full swing. I want to offer congrats to all the losers and offer my support to all the people
    > > that has gained and to tell you to hang in
    there.

    > > The last time I posted I told you that I slept pretty much for four
    straight
    > > days. I went to the Dr and found out that my pottasium had dropped yet again. When they called
    > > they pretty much told me that I was lucky that I woke up. I was put on a higher prescription for
    > > pottasium that I am
    taking
    > > now. I have beeen on one form or another pottasium supplement since I
    had
    > > radiation for the thyroid. I am still pretty tired, but am now starting
    > > feel more human.
    > >
    > > The weight that I lost during my Rip Van Winkle experience I gained
    back,
    > > but I really have not been concerned because I know that losing weight
    at
    > > this point should be on the back burnner until I can get my strength somewhat back to normal.. I
    > > am now at the weight I was when I got sick
    in
    > > Dec.
    > >
    > > Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents commented
    that
    > > I had lost a lot of weight and that I looked great so that made me feel better. So I know that I
    > > all my hard work is not going south.
    > >
    > > I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also
    want
    > > to start exercising again as well.
    > >
    > > Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what
    has
    > > been going on Irma
    > >

    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Connie Walsh
    >
    > 241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

  11. I Williams

    I Williams Guest

    I have a vast supply of books and tapes. I think I am doing a mixture of it
    all. I really enjoy pilates and it does not seem to really upset my back.
    Irma
    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sooo good to hear you're regaining your health and can continue your weight loss as the result of
    > good health.
    >
    > I took a mini-class of Stott Pilates at my YWCA and thoroughly enjoyed it. Found out in a quick
    > hurry that my core muscles aren't muscles at all. I have core "mush"les. But I'm too cheap to pay
    > cash for special classes on top of my monthly membership fee so I bought a fitness ball and a DVD
    > of fitness ball exercises as a means of tightening my tummy. Which Pilates method are you using?
    >
    > Prairie Roots
    >
    > On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:06:52 -0600, "I Williams" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello everyone,
    > >
    > >Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted, but hopefully I am
    back
    > >in full swing. I want to offer congrats to all the losers and offer my support to all the people
    > >that has gained and to tell you to hang in
    there.

    > >The last time I posted I told you that I slept pretty much for four
    straight
    > >days. I went to the Dr and found out that my pottasium had dropped yet again. When they called
    > >they pretty much told me that I was lucky that I woke up. I was put on a higher prescription for
    > >pottasium that I am
    taking
    > >now. I have beeen on one form or another pottasium supplement since I
    had
    > >radiation for the thyroid. I am still pretty tired, but am now starting
    > >feel more human.
    > >
    > >The weight that I lost during my Rip Van Winkle experience I gained back, but I really have not
    > >been concerned because I know that losing weight at this point should be on the back burnner
    > >until I can get my strength somewhat back to normal.. I am now at the weight I was when I got
    > >sick in Dec.
    > >
    > >Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents commented
    that
    > >I had lost a lot of weight and that I looked great so that made me feel better. So I know that I
    > >all my hard work is not going south.
    > >
    > >I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also
    want
    > >to start exercising again as well.
    > >
    > >Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what
    has
    > >been going on Irma

  12. I Williams

    I Williams Guest

    Kristin,

    I understand the zombie like feeling. I felt like that a few days before the sleepiness took over. I
    just did not feel like myself. I am hoping that when I have my next bloodtest that it shows that the
    pottasium level has came up. I hope one day that I will not have to take the pottasium meds, but I
    doubt that with the levels being as low as they were even though I was taking an over the counter
    pottasium supplement Irma "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Hi again Irma... it's so great to hear from you! I'm glad things are
    going
    > well for you and that you were lucky to see the doctor and get your potassium levels up and
    > running again. My dad had something like that
    with
    > an imbalance in his electrolytes when he drank too much water and he was walking around like a
    > zombie... it was so weird. But anyway, I'm glad you are doing alright now. :) Great NSVs too! Good
    > luck with everything!
    >
    > --
    >
    > ~Kristin O~
    > 272/241.8/172
    >

    > "I Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hello everyone,
    > >
    > > Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted, but hopefully I am
    back
    > > in full swing. I want to offer congrats to all the losers and offer my support to all the people
    > > that has gained and to tell you to hang in
    > there.
    > >
    > > The last time I posted I told you that I slept pretty much for four
    > straight
    > > days. I went to the Dr and found out that my pottasium had dropped yet again. When they called
    > > they pretty much told me that I was lucky that I woke up. I was put on a higher prescription for
    > > pottasium that I am
    taking
    > > now. I have beeen on one form or another pottasium supplement since I
    had
    > > radiation for the thyroid. I am still pretty tired, but am now starting
    > > feel more human.
    > >
    > > The weight that I lost during my Rip Van Winkle experience I gained
    back,
    > > but I really have not been concerned because I know that losing weight
    at
    > > this point should be on the back burnner until I can get my strength somewhat back to normal.. I
    > > am now at the weight I was when I got sick
    in
    > > Dec.
    > >
    > > Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents commented
    > that
    > > I had lost a lot of weight and that I looked great so that made me feel better. So I know that I
    > > all my hard work is not going south.
    > >
    > > I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also
    want
    > > to start exercising again as well.
    > >
    > > Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what
    has
    > > been going on Irma

  13. I Williams

    I Williams Guest

    Thanks Lee
    Irma
    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am glad to see you are back and doing better, good luck with improving your health, Lee I
    > Williams <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hello everyone,
    > >
    > > Well it has been quite awhile since I have posted, but hopefully I am
    back
    > > in full swing. I want to offer congrats to all the losers and offer my support to all the people
    > > that has gained and to tell you to hang in
    > there.
    > >
    > > The last time I posted I told you that I slept pretty much for four
    > straight
    > > days. I went to the Dr and found out that my pottasium had dropped yet again. When they called
    > > they pretty much told me that I was lucky that I woke up. I was put on a higher prescription for
    > > pottasium that I am
    taking
    > > now. I have beeen on one form or another pottasium supplement since I
    had
    > > radiation for the thyroid. I am still pretty tired, but am now starting
    > > feel more human.
    > >
    > > The weight that I lost during my Rip Van Winkle experience I gained
    back,
    > > but I really have not been concerned because I know that losing weight
    at
    > > this point should be on the back burnner until I can get my strength somewhat back to normal.. I
    > > am now at the weight I was when I got sick
    in
    > > Dec.
    > >
    > > Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents commented
    > that
    > > I had lost a lot of weight and that I looked great so that made me feel better. So I know that I
    > > all my hard work is not going south.
    > >
    > > I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also
    want
    > > to start exercising again as well.
    > >
    > > Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what
    has
    > > been going on Irma

  14. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Well good luck with it all, Irma. I'm thinking of you! :)

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/241.8/172

> [...]
    > back,
    > > > but I really have not been concerned because I know that losing weight
    > at
    > > > this point should be on the back burnner until I can get my strength somewhat back to normal..
    > > > I am now at the weight I was when I got sick
    > in
    > > > Dec.
    > > >
    > > > Tonight we had Open House at school and several of my parents
    commented
    > > that
    > > > I had lost a lot of weight and that I looked great so that made me
    feel
    > > > better. So I know that I all my hard work is not going south.
    > > >
    > > > I plan to start journalling tommorow and I plan on staying OP. I also
    > want
    > > > to start exercising again as well.
    > > >
    > > > Well that is all from here just thought I would let everyone know what

  15. I Williams

    I Williams Guest

    Thanks Kristen I am staying OP and excercising when I can