iron and diabetes, the more complete story

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by markd, Dec 24, 2003.

  1. markd

    markd Guest

    It is a fool's errand to seek in a single item ingested the complex
    interplay of factors involved in human metabolism and disorders thereof.
    Iron is a vitale part of nutrition and we can not live without it.
    Humans evolved as omnivores, where meat consumption allowed habitation in
    all parts of the globe; with substantual iron consumption being a normal
    part of the diet. When the human system goes haywire, the metabolic
    complexity of interrelated factors can maladjust, including the role iron
    plays in diabetes. To correctly note that iron, and everything else, is
    involved is a trivial observation; it plays a role in normal and diabetic
    folk alike and is as much a dependent variable as any other and not the
    initial cause. Here is an article that considers the nature of that
    complexity:

    http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m0922/8_51/90389345/p1/article.jhtml

    Tags:

  2. Doe

    Doe Guest

    >Subject: iron and diabetes, the more complete story
    >From: [email protected]
    >Date: 12/24/2003 4:04 PM Mountain Standard Time
    >
    >It is a fool's errand to seek in a single item ingested the complex interplay of factors involved
    >in human metabolism and disorders thereof.

    Personal opinions from a loser .. noted ..

    >Iron is a vitale part of nutrition and we can not live without it.

    You seem to be getting to something .. but don't seem to be in much of a hurry ..

    >Humans evolved as omnivores, where meat consumption allowed habitation in all parts of the globe;
    >with substantual iron consumption being a normal part of the diet.

    Oh .. I see ..

    You are explaining how you KNOW all about the inner workings of iron in the body ..

    >When the human system goes haywire,

    Real .. medicalspeak ..

    Please speak further down to us .. ok .. thnx ..

    >the metabolic complexity of interrelated factors can maladjust,

    Thnx ..

    >including the role iron plays in diabetes. To correctly note that iron, and everything else, is
    >involved is a trivial observation;

    Much like your contributions ..

    > it plays a role in normal and diabetic folk alike and is as much a dependent variable as any other
    > and not the initial cause.

    Based on your extensive knowledge of the inner workings of iron .. in the human system .. eh ..

    >Here is an article that considers the >nature of that complexity:
    >
    >http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m0922/8_51/90389345/p1/article.jhtml

    Which in a condensed version says .. the lowering of the iron in the body .. no matter whether it be
    an animal or human leads to what they consider to be a POSITIVE .. response ..

    <<snip>> It is increasingly recognized that iron influences glucose metabolism, even in the
    absence of significant iron overload. In the general population, body iron stores are positively
    associated with the development of glucose intolerance, type 2 diabetes (1-7), and gestational
    diabetes (8,9). <<snip>>

    Bottom line ..

    Lower the iron ..

    Who loves ya. Tom Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
    http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

  3. markd

    markd Guest

    Greetings on this day of joy, my dear friend Tom. I have visited your web page and read your "book".
    Your opinion about iron is based on a private interpretation of scripture, mixed with some other
    material. You see a cosmic role for iron in humans, as revealed to you in scripture, and have
    concluded that eating vegies alone make sense thereafter. All and well, but please don't pretend
    that your personal vision has any basis in science or theology or human biology. You pick and
    choose, otherwise known as cherry picking, bits of real research and try to shoehorn it into your
    personal conviction, and fail in a very public manner; including as a perfect example your most
    recent message. It is up to you to support your claim's; keeping in mind that extraordinary claims
    require extraordinary support, obfiscation by conceptual cutting and pasting notwithstanding. Iron
    does have a role in the metabolism adaptations inherent in diabets, as does every other thing we
    ingest; but it is not a cause of it nor can blood letting prevent or fix it. The last is the clear
    conclusions of the recent abstract you posted and the article I provided. It is a complex set of
    variables interacting in very complex ways. That is the reality, as scripture reflects when it says
    we are made in a "glorious" manner. God's blessing and peace upon you.