Iron Horse/The North Face Mtn bikes

nanook08

Jul 6, 2005
Ok, so I've seen Iron Horse in Supergo and I guess that the North Face Bikes are essentially Iron Horse Frames. Are they any good? I am kinda new to mtn biking, and want something better than my $100 Mongoose special that I bought to bike with my bf ont eh canal path and around town. I really want to get into XC, probably just for recreation and not serious racing or anything. (yet?) I'm still in college and the price tag seems appealing to me, but I don't want to buy **** either. I was looking at the North Face Denali which has LX components and a Marzocchi EXR pro fork. It looks decent, but I haven't ridden it or anything, and I'm no expert with bikes/components. Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Diana

nanook08 said:
Ok, so I've seen Iron Horse in Supergo and I guess that the North Face Bikes are essentially Iron Horse Frames. Are they any good? I am kinda new to mtn biking, and want something better than my $100 Mongoose special that I bought to bike with my bf ont eh canal path and around town. I really want to get into XC, probably just for recreation and not serious racing or anything. (yet?) I'm still in college and the price tag seems appealing to me, but I don't want to buy **** either. I was looking at the North Face Denali which has LX components and a Marzocchi EXR pro fork. It looks decent, but I haven't ridden it or anything, and I'm no expert with bikes/components. Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Diana
Hello Nanook08,
I am not sure if anyone has answered you or you've purchased a bike, But I will say(Iam a long time member of the bicycle industry, rep-and distributor, as well as a racing cyclist and coach), that there are only a few actual manufacturers and many brands come out of the same factory, they may vary with geometries, and sizing etc, but would be of similar quality. A North Face is made in the same factory as Iron Horse, which arew very good bikes.The EXR fork is good it is more of Marzocchi's entry level but easy to maintain, and LX components are as good as XT, as the gruppo's climb in order of Performance and $ value they differ only in weight, or finish.
Just make sure you buy the right size. Good Luck.
gsfbike