In case you haven't seen my thread a few down from this, I'll summarize my situation: I'm a casual mountain biker who's undergone a change of scenery from dirt trails to paved streets. I'm currently using my full suspension trail bike, but I want something more suited to the paved streets (and faster). In short, I'm trading up to a road bike.
Although I'd love a fancy full carbon bike that weighs nothing and goes like stink, I'm unfortunately on a college budget. I've stumbled upon the "entry level" offering from Iron Horse, the Triumph 5.0. It's got a carbon fork and seems reasonably light (22.3 lbs), and I've found it for around $700 so it's not outrageously expensive either. However, being a road bike n00b, I'm not sure what the "good" components to have are...
If anybody has any knowledge of this particular bike, let me know what you think of it. I don't intend on doing anything serious with it, but I do like to have components that work well none the less. I've got a link to the '07 model (probably what I'd be getting) which has a list of all the goods...
ironhorsebikes.comindex.htmlOpen ↗
Thanks!