Ironman Lake Placid race report

Mike Brocious wrote:
> I always enjoy reading others' race reports, so I thought I'd put one
> together for my recent Ironman USA race. You can see it here:
>
> http://www.brocious.net/mike/races/ironmanusa2007
>
> Enjoy.
>
> Mike

Great job Mike!

Who cares what your time was; you did an Ironman! I've wanted to do one
since I saw my first one on TV in 1982. Your story shows me that it is
possible, maybe even for me.

I liked the part in your story where, "I ran/walked my way through the
next 10 miles or so." I've done a few half Ironman races and ran/walked
my way through several miles towards the end of the race, and every time
I do, I think, "Man, just think what a full Ironman must be like." I
guess I'll never know for sure until I do one, but I suspect that it is
very, very hard. Congratulations on finishing your first Ironman!

Bob

Bob Haase wrote:
>I've done a few half Ironman races and ran/walked
> my way through several miles towards the end of the race, and every time
> I do, I think, "Man, just think what a full Ironman must be like."

Thanks. I remember thinking the same thing during my half Ironman
races. Swimming is hard for me, so I especially remember getting out of
the water and thinking "there is no way that I could ever do 2.4 miles".
But you know...if you put your mind to it...

Best of luck and I hope to read your IM report someday.

Mike

Mike Brocious wrote:
> I always enjoy reading others' race reports, so I thought I'd put one
> together for my recent Ironman USA race. You can see it here:
>
> http://www.brocious.net/mike/races/ironmanusa2007
>
> Enjoy.
>
> Mike

Good job Mike. I liked seeing your pictures and posters the family made
for you. What I like the best is reading what you went through
internally, and your love for your family.

I have heard others say that you should get out of the change tent as
fast as you can, specifically so that you don't hear other peoples self
talk about quitting.

Congratulations on your training, continuing, and finishing.