Is Anyone Here Interested in Delicious Low-Calorie Recipes?

SierraSlim

Oct 4, 2010
[COLOR= #0000ff]Hi, My Fellow Hefties![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]After enjoying a particularly yummy supper tonight for less than 400 calories, I was wondering if maybe someone on here who is looking to shed a few pounds might like to try it out.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I've spent the last 4-6 months trying online recipes, creating and revising recipes to keep myself happy while I endeavor to lose weight through biking and healthy, lower-calorie eating. I've managed to find and create some really scrumptious ones, and have lost 45 pounds in that time without feeling deprived, because I'm enjoying what I'm eating so much. If you're interested I would be happy to share them.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Note: These meals are low-calorie and pretty healthy. That's all I claim. If you're one who wants no-fat, no-carb recipes, I don't have anything for you. But I keep my suppers around 375-425 calories per entree, and they're so good I would eat them even if I weren't trying to lose weight.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]The Cornbread Dressing and Chicken Casserole that I had tonight has 388 to 412 calories (depending on what brand you use of soup), 5.2 grams of fat, 15.8 carbs, and 29.6 grams of protein per serving. And because I like to eat, none of my meals get their low calories from small portions. These stats are for 1/6th of a 9 x 13 pan, so with a cup of veggies on the side, it's a really filling meal. It's so good my kids request it when the come to visit, and they're not dieting.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I have several entrees like that. Let me know if you'd like to try any.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Happy pedaling -- and losing pounds![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]

Such things are almost always welcome, Sierra! Our church recently went on what can best be described as a "Daniel Fast" where we eliminated a lot of meats and "pleasant breads". A lot of pounds were shed this way. You might want to look up the "Daniel fast recipes" online and see if anything there appeals to your tastes. Also, I personally wouldn't mind trying some of your ideas at all, so go ahead and share them here! Tailwinds....Mike

Originally Posted by SierraSlim .

[COLOR= #0000ff]The Cornbread Dressing and Chicken Casserole that I had tonight has 388 to 412 calories (depending on what brand you use of soup), 5.2 grams of fat, 15.8 carbs, and 29.6 grams of protein per serving. And because I like to eat, none of my meals get their low calories from small portions. These stats are for 1/6th of a 9 x 13 pan, so with a cup of veggies on the side, it's a really filling meal. It's so good my kids request it when the come to visit, and they're not dieting.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Happy pedaling -- and losing pounds![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]
I'm not heft--6'1", 180lbs--but I'd dig the recipes. Where's the recipe for the cornbread dressing and chicken casserole?

For that matter, who don't folks just post the recipes?