Is Anyone Here On Strava?

Uawadall

Jun 14, 2015
I just started using Strava around a month ago and have 2 friends so far....Are any of you guys on the strava App?I know many aren't comfortable adding random people, just want to see who uses it.

I use it. I like it for logging miles. Has some nice features. I used to use bikejournaldotcom but that has very few features as a free member. I paid $20 fee there and still had very few compared to Strava. So I gave it up and went with Strava.

I am a paid member ($60). Not much extra as a paid member but the site itself is so cool I don't mind supporting the cause. Paid members can compare themselves to others by weight class and age which is pretty cool. Although I don't race, it's nice to know you aren't a slug compared to others. In the area where I ride, we have 9000+ riders on some of the segments. B)

I make some references to Strava on my video. My style. first section talking to friends then a music video. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Hfd5hsDIk

Reactions: BobCochran
Mr. Beanz, I'm thinking of joining Strava myself. Whether I do or not, I have to say that your movies are sensational! I'm really impressed by the nicely built bike road. Are only bicyclists allowed on it? No pedestrians? Who paid the costs of the road? How is the road kept clean?

Thanks

Bob

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
BobCochran said:
Mr. Beanz, I'm thinking of joining Strava myself. Whether I do or not, I have to say that your movies are sensational! I'm really impressed by the nicely built bike road. Are only bicyclists allowed on it? No pedestrians? Who paid the costs of the road? How is the road kept clean?

Thanks

Bob
Tax payers! :p It's a nice trail, 30 miles one way, 60 round trip. Most riders ride early so we avoid a lot of bike traffic starting at about 10 am. The trail is for walkers, skaters, dog walkers etc. But this trail is not like one would think when thinking Central Park congestion. Lots of open space as you can see. There is a more northern section further inland maybe 20 miles in length. There are plans to connect it someday (10 mile missing section. That would be nice, we could do 100 round trip no cars! :)

Thanks for the kudos on the movies! B)

Strava is a sweet site. Many use it for competition. I use it as a logging tool. If one does not want others to see their ride info, one can post the ride as private so that others can not view their rides. I think it is great that some riders just ride to view the scenery but there can be speed snobs there so going private may be a good way to go if wanting to log your miles etc.

simond said:
I use Strava, love it only a basic free account but seriously considering paying for a premium account now as well
I hate paying for apps, but I figure i'll pay $6 dollar a month until November for premium service. I like to be able to compare my results with other cyclist, specifically my brother.