Is anyone using Tufo tubular clinchers?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by tonepad, Sep 16, 2004.

1. tonepad

tonepad New Member

Starting to see some decent Ebay prices on these but I'm looking for real world experiences. Especially how well they hold up and how to deal with flatting etc.

Tags:

2. webstar

webstar New Member

I rode them and found they were pretty average. Punctured pretty easily and were not really that fast. That was a year or two ago so they may have improved.

3. pvillekaiser

pvillekaiser New Member

Definitely try them. I have run the last two seasons on them and think they are great. I went with the top of the line Elite Road and put the sealant in as a preventive measure and only flatted when the tire was toward the very end of its life cycle. The high pressure is great especially since I am not the flyweight I once was. I tried the Giro Twix just recently and think it too is a great tire, although it only comes in 21mm and the Elite Road comes in 23mm. The only gripe MIGHT be the mounting which can be a bit of a pain, but not much worse than mounting a Michelin brand tire and you may be more mechanically inclined than I am.? I know the Pez cycling news site has some reviews and they are positive too. Durable? I have hit holes and rocks that I KNEW were going to flat me but didn't. Good Luck