Is Armstrong paying people to spread his lies on forums?

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by poulidor, Jul 25, 2009.

1. poulidor

poulidor New Member

On this forum and, even on afrench forum, there is people posting clearly messages of Lance propaganda denying evidences already known and verified.
    Their messages are enough different of the true Lance's fans to be detected. We have a lot of experiences of fanboys that we can smell them form very far.

Am I wrong?

Tags:

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Everyone should respect your conjecture, shouldn't they?

3. jimmypop

jimmypop New Member

Armstrong doesn't personally pay individuals to post on forums, but he certainly has some close associates who anonymously post on forums to counter the doping argument. He even has friends who post to defend other riders, lest one rider's doping be linked to Armstrong.

But, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that Stapleton is having people who are already on the payroll spread the "clean" drivel on forums.

4. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

The conspiracy theories are running amok. According to the theorists, Armstrong has an army of friends and/or cohorts that patrol bike forums everywhere to spread propaganda and control public opinion.

Of course the same sorts of paranoid arguments could be made about Pound and LeClerc. I'm sure they also have their droogs patrolling forums to spread their own propaganda and preferred opinion. It's Big Brother and East Asia all over again! :rolleyes:

Really, all this is like the stuff drummed up by the loonies that deny the moon landing or claim that President Kennedy is still alive and meets with aliens from Beta Reticuli on a monthly basis.

If you want to believe that Armstrong goonies are prowling your favorite BBS's, then you also have to allow that everything else that you read on BBS is likely the product of some media compaign or just outright lies spread by a group of conspirators.

5. Farmguy

Farmguy New Member

And I have also heard that Lance was on the grassy knoll when Pres Kennedy was shot.................:eek::eek::eek:

OMG, maybe he is even in charge of Area 51? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. jimmypop

jimmypop New Member

Apparently you haven't heard the firsthand accounts of control from within Armstrong's circle of trusted friends, relatives and associates. I have, and I believe those accounts. And, yes, I've heard that fancypants himself even ghosts on DPF to keep an eye on the discussions.

I don't think that it's an organized campaign. It's more like Floyd's Wil, taking another dump into the vat of sh*t that's already been stirred up. They just can't help themselves.

7. TheDangerMan

TheDangerMan New Member

This post shows how deluded and conspiratorial these Armstrong haters can be. Somebody must be paying them to lie about corticodsteriods and present rumours as fact, just because someone did a self serving book.

I suspect there will be a lot of this tosh about Contador soon. The best are always targeted by jealous and angry people. It goes with the territory.

8. Andrija

Andrija Member

Congratulations Poulidor.
    You've provoked them to show themselves.

9. Mansmind

Mansmind New Member

Yes, definitely trolling..although the attitude is/was very consistent.

10. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

The fact is that Armstrong hired a public relations firm, Public Strategies, to conduct a campaign against Lemond. It is part of the Trek-Lemond lawsuit. Any modern public relations campaign will include the Internet. It is perfectly reasonable to conclude that Public Strategies likely had people posting to various cycling forums.

Armstrong's ex-wife was subpoenaed by Lemond's lawyers because she was present at a dinner party where Armstrong discussed a plan to damage Lemond's business interests and his reputation. She tried to quash the subpoena, but the judge refused.

11. jimmypop

jimmypop New Member

Bro, you're just upset because he's such a great champion.

Why do you hate America?

12. Bikeridindude

Bikeridindude New Member

Ha! Good one! I have an idea, let's throw bro into a pond and see if he sinks. If he doesn't drown we'll hang him because we'll know he's a witch.

13. TheDangerMan

TheDangerMan New Member

Lemond does have a habit of running his mouth off. I note he has now started on Contador as well....
    Tour de France - Contador dodges doping query - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

14. jimmypop

jimmypop New Member

15. TheDangerMan

TheDangerMan New Member

No i think it geniuely does backfire on Lemond that he is now demanding that Contador take his special Lemond tests as well. It's becoming a joke.

The testing regime this year has taken a very significant step forward. The idea that whoever is winning for the Tour should volenteer to take Lemond's own special tests, or be branded a cheat, is completely absurd.

Yes Lemond did a good job at helping to reveal the institutionalised doping of the 1990s, but the authorities have completely tranformed since then. A period of silence might be in order from Mr Lemond instead of smearing a rider who is fast becoming, if not already, an all time great.

There has to be a process - we can't have this man attacking nearly every single yellow jersy holder. He's living in the past.

16. jimmypop

jimmypop New Member

red herrings and strawmen

17. Grater

Grater New Member

Lance tried to hire me. He told me that he would throw in an Olsen twin. I told him to f*** off!

18. chainstretched

chainstretched New Member

What's the going rate? I could do with some extra $$ :D

19. Grater

Grater New Member

Lance said he'd pay you a sum of US10000 and he'll throw an Olsen twin your way twice for two weekends! He also said that if you do a good job, he'll throw in all of Sheryl Crow's albums and his missing testicle!

20. JAPANic

JAPANic New Member