Is BikeE heading for Bankruptcy?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Evsolutions, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Evsolutions

    Evsolutions Guest

    No I have not been in a coma since last August. I was wondering IF companies such as Vision and
    BikeE would have survived (if) they appealed to the recumbent community for our support (when) they
    realized they were in trouble financially. I find it weird that we find out about bent companies
    going under (after) they have gone under. I went through a rough patch in my business venture and I
    let everyone know it. I did get a few "I told you so" and "sh*t happens", but I did get a slew of
    people offering to buy stuff to prop me back up. Even one of my most critical competitors bought a
    hub motor kit.

    Had BikeE announced they were in trouble a few months before they quietly went under...anyone think
    we (as a community) could have saved the company. One of my problems with being a bent rider for 26
    years is that I have a somewhat unrealistic notion that everyone who rides a bent is a member of a
    greater community. Well we are in a greater community, what I mean is by reason of what we ride we
    have acquired many common interests, a common knowledge, we generally use the same technology, the
    same suppliers/stores. We sometimes meet and ride in groups, have RCN & BROL and collectively we can
    crush a new bent design and put the company out of business...so why can't we keep one of favorite
    bent makers like ATP-Vision IN business?

    Joshua
    *****

    Tags:

  2. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

    Joshua, BikeE and Vision did not tell the bent community or their dealers because they wanted
    dealers to continue stocking their bikes and us buying them, hence reducing their inventories and
    losing less money. Al Kubeluis

    "EVSolutions" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > No I have not been in a coma since last August. I was wondering IF
    companies
    > such as Vision and BikeE would have survived (if) they appealed to the recumbent community for our
    > support (when) they realized they were in trouble financially. I find it weird that we find out
    > about bent companies going under (after) they have gone under. I went through a rough patch in my
    > business venture and I let everyone
    know
    > it. I did get a few "I told you so" and "sh*t happens", but I did get a
    slew
    > of people offering to buy stuff to prop me back up. Even one of my most critical competitors
    > bought a hub motor kit.
    >
    > Had BikeE announced they were in trouble a few months before they quietly went under...anyone
    > think we (as a community) could have saved the
    company.
    > One of my problems with being a bent rider for 26 years is that I have a somewhat unrealistic
    > notion that everyone who rides a bent is a member of
    > greater community. Well we are in a greater community, what I mean is by reason of what we ride
    > we have acquired many common interests, a common knowledge, we generally use the same technology,
    > the same
    suppliers/stores.
    > We sometimes meet and ride in groups, have RCN & BROL and collectively we can crush a new bent
    > design and put the company out of business...so why can't we keep one of favorite bent makers like
    > ATP-Vision IN business?
    >
    > Joshua
    > *****

  3. Having bankruptcies in young, growing industuries is quite normal. I have
    never understood the lament over BikE's business failure. I even owned one
    of their bikes, which I considered well built. Unfortunaely, their
    bunsiness management was another story. BikE is gone, but how many new
    builders have come on board since their failure. These new companies will
    do it cheaper and better, as always. Don't bail out the losers.