Is BikeE heading for Bankruptcy?

Evsolutions

Guest
No I have not been in a coma since last August. I was wondering IF companies such as Vision and
BikeE would have survived (if) they appealed to the recumbent community for our support (when) they
realized they were in trouble financially. I find it weird that we find out about bent companies
going under (after) they have gone under. I went through a rough patch in my business venture and I
let everyone know it. I did get a few "I told you so" and "sh*t happens", but I did get a slew of
people offering to buy stuff to prop me back up. Even one of my most critical competitors bought a
hub motor kit.

Had BikeE announced they were in trouble a few months before they quietly went under...anyone think
we (as a community) could have saved the company. One of my problems with being a bent rider for 26
years is that I have a somewhat unrealistic notion that everyone who rides a bent is a member of a
greater community. Well we are in a greater community, what I mean is by reason of what we ride we
have acquired many common interests, a common knowledge, we generally use the same technology, the
same suppliers/stores. We sometimes meet and ride in groups, have RCN & BROL and collectively we can
crush a new bent design and put the company out of business...so why can't we keep one of favorite
bent makers like ATP-Vision IN business?

Joshua
*****

Joshua, BikeE and Vision did not tell the bent community or their dealers because they wanted
dealers to continue stocking their bikes and us buying them, hence reducing their inventories and
losing less money. Al Kubeluis

"EVSolutions" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> No I have not been in a coma since last August. I was wondering IF
companies
> such as Vision and BikeE would have survived (if) they appealed to the recumbent community for our
> support (when) they realized they were in trouble financially. I find it weird that we find out
> about bent companies going under (after) they have gone under. I went through a rough patch in my
> business venture and I let everyone
know
> it. I did get a few "I told you so" and "sh*t happens", but I did get a
slew
> of people offering to buy stuff to prop me back up. Even one of my most critical competitors
> bought a hub motor kit.
>
> Had BikeE announced they were in trouble a few months before they quietly went under...anyone
> think we (as a community) could have saved the
company.
> One of my problems with being a bent rider for 26 years is that I have a somewhat unrealistic
> notion that everyone who rides a bent is a member of
> greater community. Well we are in a greater community, what I mean is by reason of what we ride
> we have acquired many common interests, a common knowledge, we generally use the same technology,
> the same
suppliers/stores.
> We sometimes meet and ride in groups, have RCN & BROL and collectively we can crush a new bent
> design and put the company out of business...so why can't we keep one of favorite bent makers like
> ATP-Vision IN business?
>
> Joshua
> *****

Having bankruptcies in young, growing industuries is quite normal. I have
never understood the lament over BikE's business failure. I even owned one
of their bikes, which I considered well built. Unfortunaely, their
bunsiness management was another story. BikE is gone, but how many new
builders have come on board since their failure. These new companies will
do it cheaper and better, as always. Don't bail out the losers.