Is Brian O'Driscoll a Tool?

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by Fixey, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Fixey

Fixey New Member

The prince of Centres has lost alot of respect down this end of the world, although he is seen as a great player he is regarded as a bit of a tool. How is he regarded as a person in the home nations?

Tags:

2. darkboong

darkboong New Member

Naturally I am biased because I'm English, but over recent years he has become more and more of a dickhead on the pitch. I can't speak for his behaviour off the pitch. What disturbs me most is his habit of putting in a bit of befores and afters and whining to the Ref when he so much as trips over his shoelaces.

I've noticed that Ronan O'Gara isn't averse to putting in the odd boot or punch off the ball too.

3. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Tana Umanga and the NZ targetted the man on the Lions Tour.

That said, Brian is a superb rugby player.

Why have the NZ'ers lost respect for him?
    Was it the fact that he was photographed in a bar, pissed ?

I have to say his reputation is under attack here in the press - he seems to have lost the run of himself. He was supposed to be going out with a famour Irish model but that turned out to be a career stunt for the model.

But I'd be interested to hear the NZ view as to why he's regarded as a tool.

4. lwedge

lwedge New Member

I realize a hammer is a tool, there is an alternative rock band named Tool and every man has a tool but how is it being used in your (and Fixey's) statement?

lw

5. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Tool used as slang can mean : prick, idiot, clown.

It's a derogatory term.

6. lwedge

lwedge New Member

Okay, good, I can use the term here in California and no one will know.

I had a girlfriend some time ago who's mother used the term. Now and again her mother would get mad and her Irish would come out. She would yell at her husband " Robert, don't be such a TOOL!"

lw

7. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

Actually the band is named after the slang term... most people I know seem to use it in their vernacular so I imagine most will know.

8. lwedge

lwedge New Member

Sorry for hijacking your thread Fixey. I will take your word on whether or not O'Driscoll's a tool .:D
    Lw

9. chch_legend

chch_legend New Member

I don't think he was targeted by the AB's when the Lions toured, it was just one of those things that happened on the field. I think he lost a lot of respect for continuing to bleet on about it, let it go, rugby is a contact sport.

From my point of view it appears that Brian now does more talking off the field than on.
    He was a player that let his game do the talking and most in the rugby world would have agreed that he was one of the best centres. Now he seems to do too much talking off the pitch.
    Also he took a dive in the 2nd test against the All Blacks, that was only bettered by that Italian fella in the World Cup against the Socceroos. (Now that will open a can of worms)

10. wicklow200

wicklow200 New Member