Is Cadel Clean?

Serafino

Jul 30, 2005
"I'm sure I've been beaten by cheats before, I know I have, and I'm sure I'll be beaten by cheats in the future."

-Evans knows the reality of the sport

Methinks he doth protest too much :rolleyes:

Cycling News Hagiography

What do you think? Is he clean? If so why? He still burned most of the field (150 riders), including Vino, etc.. So if those behind him are dirty ....

Unless people only believe that AC and Levi (and every other DC rider) is dirty but Saint Cadel is as clean as the driven snow.

Serafino said:
"I'm sure I've been beaten by cheats before, I know I have, and I'm sure I'll be beaten by cheats in the future."

Cycling News Hagiography

What do you think? Is he clean? If so why? He still burned most of the field (150 riders), including Vino, etc.. So if those behind him are dirty ....

Unless people only believe that AC and Levi (and every other DC rider) is dirty but Saint Cadel is as clean as the driven snow.
No top contender is clean IMO. But since Contador is so young and was on top with Ras he looks worse. So, if he gets pinched, then Levi's gone too and Cadel wins. I pray that doped or clean the winner "passes" so we don't have another Landis situation.

Serafino said:

Cycling News Hagiography

I think he is about as clean as it gets in the top of the GC. He cant be riding/training on milk and spinache alone, he would have to be superman to have his current standing in that case.

I dont think he is superman.. But I think he is as clean as it gets, I'll leave it at that.

Hey that's a good one, lets all work our way down the leaderboard until we find someone we can all agree on as not being on the gear (total lack of evidence notwithstanding). :rolleyes:

No, not clean. Seeing Valverde ride makes me believe he may be clean right now. Cadel, no.

gawd....who knows anymore who is clean and who aint

but it takes a tainted conscience to rail against the cheats if you're cheating yourself.....just hope the vocal anti-doping cyclists don't end up in the Jimmy Swaggart hypocrisy bin

Serafino said:

Cycling News Hagiography

Serf, I respect your opinion on things, but don't understand how you can defend LA to the nines on every last detail and then turn around and throw out, "So, what do you guys think about Evans? Doper? I think he is."

Yes he's a doper. Of course.

I have just checked the GC and found a clean rider:

141 Wim Vansevenant (Bel) Predictor - Lotto 3.43.57

Bro Deal said:
I have just checked the GC and found a clean rider:

141 Wim Vansevenant (Bel) Predictor - Lotto 3.43.57

Bingo, but wait - could he be doping just to keep his prestigious Lantern Rouge status? Oh the pressure, the pressure....

Eagle of Toledo said:
Bingo, but wait - could he be doping just to keep his prestigious Lantern Rouge status? Oh the pressure, the pressure....
That fight doesnt seem to be as big anymore as it once was :) I remember riders hiding in the bushes and under bridges to obtain that precious red lamp :p

helmutRoole2 said:
Serf, I respect your opinion on things, but don't understand how you can defend LA to the nines on every last detail and then turn around and throw out, "So, what do you guys think about Evans? Doper? I think he is."

Yes he's a doper. Of course.

Helmut,

My missive was more a comment on the media. CN in this case, waving the Aussie Flag, proclaims Cadel a paragon of virtue. Its always the other guys are dirty (until your hero is suddenly tested positive).

Its the hypcrisy I don't like. Fingers wagging at the "Chicken" by the likes of Cadel, Millar (that's especially rich) and Big Tom Boonen.

What about that idiot Al Trautwig saying that the riders (he hopes) would give Cadel the stage win today and conspire to grant him a time advantage so that he could be in yellow tonight. Al surely knows who's clean and who's dirty.

This approach is ******** ....

Serafino said:

Cycling News Hagiography

I'm tearing my hair out at you people. Idiots. Proof democracy isn't resistant to fools.

Trajectum said:
That fight doesnt seem to be as big anymore as it once was :) I remember riders hiding in the bushes and under bridges to obtain that precious red lamp :p
I remember people hitting their brakes right before they crossed the finish line so they could beat out the other riders in their group. Sometimes riders would track stand for hours right in front of the line until the gendarme would be forced to push them over.

Serafino said:
Helmut,

My missive was more a comment on the media. CN in this case, waving the Aussie Flag, proclaims Cadel a paragon of virtue. Its always the other guys are dirty (until your hero is suddenly tested positive).

Its the hypcrisy I don't like. Fingers wagging at the "Chicken" by the likes of Cadel, Millar (that's especially rich) and Big Tom Boonen.

What about that idiot Al Trautwig saying that the riders (he hopes) would give Cadel the stage win today and conspire to grant him a time advantage so that he could be in yellow tonight. Al surely knows who's clean and who's dirty.

This approach is ******** ....
Thank you for providing some balance on what seems an all-out effort by a majority in this forum to crucify the most exciting young rider in years, Alberto Contador...on exactly ZERO evidence.

He's clean. If dirty Lance Armstrong is clean then Cadel is clean.

Anyone watching Cadel in the Pyrenees can see he put in a hard effort just holding on to the back and was dropped. My thoughts at the time was that he was too weak to win the Tour, other Cadel baggers thought he should be condemned for not attacking, but he had nothing left

Dopers do not get dropped, when everyone has nothing left, the dopers find their reason to dope.

Cadel is clean. Go you good thing. Cadel for Yellow!!!!!!

Ever figure that a rider who can't keep up in the mountains is just not a good climber or having bad legs on that day.

Wayno said:
He's clean. If dirty Lance Armstrong is clean then Cadel is clean.

Anyone watching Cadel in the Pyrenees can see he put in a hard effort just holding on and was dropped. Dopers do not get dropped, when everyone has nothing left, the dopers find their reason to dope.

Cadel is clean. Go you good thing.
Funny you should say that, being Australian and all...surely you're completly unbiased in the outcome to this Tour.

OTOH, I freely admit that I root for my riders. So long as there's no evidence that they've done anything illegal.

Re: Pereiro and Contador. Moreover, the latter's riding style is exactly what we love to see in Spain. Might want to have a look at our mountain riding tradition...goes back over fifty years. All or nothing, that's what we like to see.