Is Cadel Clean?

For God's sake this Australian patriotic bullcrap is embarassing. Grow up and stop playing the jolly swagman.p
QikSmurf said:
LOL

The Austarlian Institute of Sport is a governement funded organisation that has had very little success in breading world class athletes. Most of our sporting talent doesn't come from the AIS.

I think it urks most Nationalities that Australians have better sporting success per capita than anyone else. Seriously, as a sporting nation, we pride ourselves on a "fair go". I can't believe that Cadel Evans would ever entertain the idea of doping. He would be a national disgrace and his family would be humiliated.

If your not an Aussie you won't understand.

Cheats just aren't tolerated in this country.

I understand all too well. We cheat, you cheat, even Americans cheat. Everyone cheats. There is no difference.

heinkel12 said:
I really think that they all take something at the very least to aid recovery but I do think there are different levels of doping other than that.
It seems in procycling that if it looks dodgy then it probably is. Evans has never been implicated or had his name whispered in any doping scandal, never been linked to dodgy doctors or trainers and struggles up the high mountains looking like he is trying to squeeze every last ounce out of his body. The only suspicious thing about him is that he is running second in the Tour de France. But then again most of the biggest names in cycling in the last few years have been thrown out of the sport for doping leaving a bit of room at the top of the gc.
Cadel may well be doped to the gills but one can only hope it's not the case.

I don't know about that, is Dr Aldo Sassi of the Mapei sportscentre completely free of what went on at Mapei team? I believe Sassi is a doctor of phsysiology and sports science, not a practitioner of medicine. Is this exculpatory?

Gregers said:
I understand all too well. We cheat, you cheat, even Americans cheat. Everyone cheats. There is no difference.
The only problem I see there 'Gregers' is that you blokes (british) never seem to ****en win anything....:p

The rush of people to find a new target is pretty amusing, particularly when they come up with a few exceptions then try to claim it's indicative of a culture, based upon throwing around a few names.

Done nothing wrong, done nothing suspicious, but some people want him to be a cheat. Well played to those of you, may your glass always be half empty.

I heard Cadels mum on the radio tonight. She sounded like a very nice lady and said her boy was clean. Good enough for me.:) ;)

QikSmurf said:
LOL

The Austarlian Institute of Sport is a governement funded organisation that has had very little success in breading world class athletes. Most of our sporting talent doesn't come from the AIS.

I think it urks most Nationalities that Australians have better sporting success per capita than anyone else. Seriously, as a sporting nation, we pride ourselves on a "fair go". I can't believe that Cadel Evans would ever entertain the idea of doping. He would be a national disgrace and his family would be humiliated.

If your not an Aussie you won't understand.

Cheats just aren't tolerated in this country.

absolutely risible. Your ignorance knows no bounds.

sonicman said:
So he's clean because he was dropped by Contador and Rasmussen? This means nothing.

That much is true, the argument that he doesn't dope because he gets dropped is as weak as the argument that he does dope because he can win a time trial.

None of us have absolute proof either way, only suspicions, prejudices and dislikes based on the percieved size of a riders crown jewels and their effect on the depth of his voice.

I think he is as clean as anyone in the tour at the moment. Not that says much.

When an Aussie athlete tests positive they are outed. Unlike some of the Americans in the past. Carl Lewis anyone.........?

Ultimately none of us REALLY know whether Cadel dopes or not - I dont pretend to know either, so keep that in mind when reading the following.

What we do know is that he has never been implicated with any doping scandal, never been known to associate with any doctor known to be involved in doping, has never missed a doping test, and has never returned any irregularity in his samples. So as far as one can assume a rider is clean, Cadel passes any scrutiny directed his way.

The rest of the rubbish in this thread is utter speculation, and trying to bring down a rider for no good reason at all - perhaps it is jealousy, perhaps you dont like the way he rides...who cares? Just stop trying to bring to trial someone who has not a single piece of evidence against him.

The probability if Cadel wins the Tour is that the idiots in this thread trying to start something against him will move into overdrive trying to discredit a rider with no basis whatsoever, just to deflect attention away from the fact that he might win the race. Get over yourselves.

Cycling has to move on - time to start trusting riders who we think are worthy of being given a chance to be trusted - I would've thought Cadel fits that category (and there are plenty of other riders who do as well). If we are ever to rid the sport of doping, time to stop speculating and start supporting.

Andrew76 said:
If we are ever to rid the sport of doping, time to stop speculating and start supporting.
This is pretty much IMO why the sport goes round in circles on the doping issue. You cant enact change or progress without pain. Pain in this instance is stripping the sport down, withdrawal of almost all major sponsors, reformation of organisational structures and supporters simply turning their backs on the event. Wont happen.

Instead of supporting we should in fact do the complete opposite and ignore. That is, if we want change. If we dont want change and just want racing then by all means carry on supporting.

IMO Cadel is far better off better off taking the high ground and walking out of this years tour. If he wins it he will forever be known as 'the guy who won the most dodgy TDF of all time'. If he comes second he will forever be proud but somewhat unfulfilled.

I'd walk out on my team and say **** it - I dont want the yellow this year - I'm going home and I've had enough of this ****. If he took the moral high ground (assuming he is clean) then it might help the sport. Then try and find a new team for 08 built around Cadel having a serious tilt at GC.

existence said:
This is pretty much IMO why the sport goes round in circles on the doping issue. You cant enact change or progress without pain. Pain in this instance is stripping the sport down, withdrawal of almost all major sponsors, reformation of organisational structures and supporters simply turning their backs on the event. Wont happen.

Instead of supporting we should in fact do the complete opposite and ignore. That is, if we want change. If we dont want change and just want racing then by all means carry on supporting.

IMO Cadel is far better off better off taking the high ground and walking out of this years tour. If he wins it he will forever be known as 'the guy who won the most dodgy TDF of all time'. If he comes second he will forever be proud but somewhat unfulfilled.

I'd walk out on my team and say **** it - I dont want the yellow this year - I'm going home and I've had enough of this ****. If he took the moral high ground (assuming he is clean) then it might help the sport. Then try and find a new team for 08 built around Cadel having a serious tilt at GC.
So he should be completely unprofessional, potentially lose the only chance he'll have to win the event, break his employment contract, refuse to work, and yet somehow convince a potential employer that he won't throw all his toys out of the pram in the future just in case someone in another team happens to dope again?
"I'm so offended you're doping I'm going to quit, even though I could potentially beat you and I'm clean". What a message that is.

Cavalier said:
So he should be completely unprofessional, potentially lose the only chance he'll have to win the event, break his employment contract, refuse to work, and yet somehow convince a potential employer that he won't throw all his toys out of the pram in the future just in case someone in another team happens to dope again?
"I'm so offended you're doping I'm going to quit, even though I could potentially beat you and I'm clean". What a message that is.
Its called leadership IMO. If he is clean he is free to state his reasons for withdrawing for honour of the sport.

It would stir the pot even further which is what we need to continue to do. If he feels the competition has become so farcical that it no longer represents the spirit of the TDF then walking away as a clean athlete and stating he will return when it is cleaned up would be a fair position in my mind.

Controversial but fair. I think the French public would buy it. Again its about shifting a culture.

QikSmurf said:
Cadel Evans is CLEAN!

Cadel Evans is CLEAN!

He will be one of the most tested riders this year and if there is an issue relating to drugs, it will eventually come out. In the mean time, without any proof to the contrary, Cadel Evans is CLEAN!

Australian Cycling hasn't been affected like the rest of the world. The only exception is Martin Vinnicombe. All of our Olympic success is based on good old Aussie hard work and determination. WE don't need drugs to win. If Cadel is doped, I'll eat my hat.
YEA sure Cadel is durty.

thunder said:
absolutely risible. Your ignorance knows no bounds.
I agree with smurf 100%. If you're not an Aussie, you wouldn't understand. Cadel doesn't dope. Fact!

nitrous said:
I agree with smurf 100%. If you're not an Aussie, you wouldn't understand. Cadel doesn't dope. Fact!
Why?...because the previous ignoramus said so?...its just that Aussies don't dope?

Take your head out of the sand....look up Mark French. That is a great example.

I wont even bring your most famous doper, Shane Warne, into this, because thats another sport again

QikSmurf said:
Cadel Evans is CLEAN!

Cadel Evans is CLEAN!

He will be one of the most tested riders this year and if there is an issue relating to drugs, it will eventually come out. In the mean time, without any proof to the contrary, Cadel Evans is CLEAN!

Australian Cycling hasn't been affected like the rest of the world. The only exception is Martin Vinnicombe. All of our Olympic success is based on good old Aussie hard work and determination. WE don't need drugs to win. If Cadel is doped, I'll eat my hat.
Thought you were taking the **** in true Aussie fashion, then realised that you're bloody serious, and risibly so. Australian cycling, especially at the AIS, seems to have been a vile den of doping for some time. As for true Aussie dope-free sporting values - I'll give you one word: Thorpedo.

wicklow200 said:

I wont even bring your most famous doper, Shane Warne, into this, because thats another sport again
Cricket is a sport?:eek:

;)