Is Cadel Clean?

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Serafino, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Gregers

Gregers New Member

For God's sake this Australian patriotic bullcrap is embarassing. Grow up and stop playing the jolly swagman.p

2. Gregers

Gregers New Member

I understand all too well. We cheat, you cheat, even Americans cheat. Everyone cheats. There is no difference.

3. thunder

thunder New Member

I don't know about that, is Dr Aldo Sassi of the Mapei sportscentre completely free of what went on at Mapei team? I believe Sassi is a doctor of phsysiology and sports science, not a practitioner of medicine. Is this exculpatory?

4. existence

existence New Member

The only problem I see there 'Gregers' is that you blokes (british) never seem to fucken win anything....:p

5. Cavalier

Cavalier New Member

The rush of people to find a new target is pretty amusing, particularly when they come up with a few exceptions then try to claim it's indicative of a culture, based upon throwing around a few names.

Done nothing wrong, done nothing suspicious, but some people want him to be a cheat. Well played to those of you, may your glass always be half empty.

6. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

I heard Cadels mum on the radio tonight. She sounded like a very nice lady and said her boy was clean. Good enough for me.:) ;)

7. thunder

thunder New Member

absolutely risible. Your ignorance knows no bounds.

8. Eagle of Toledo

Eagle of Toledo New Member

That much is true, the argument that he doesn't dope because he gets dropped is as weak as the argument that he does dope because he can win a time trial.

None of us have absolute proof either way, only suspicions, prejudices and dislikes based on the percieved size of a riders crown jewels and their effect on the depth of his voice.

9. Napalm73

Napalm73 New Member

I think he is as clean as anyone in the tour at the moment. Not that says much.

When an Aussie athlete tests positive they are outed. Unlike some of the Americans in the past. Carl Lewis anyone.........?

10. Andrew76

Andrew76 New Member

Ultimately none of us REALLY know whether Cadel dopes or not - I dont pretend to know either, so keep that in mind when reading the following.

What we do know is that he has never been implicated with any doping scandal, never been known to associate with any doctor known to be involved in doping, has never missed a doping test, and has never returned any irregularity in his samples. So as far as one can assume a rider is clean, Cadel passes any scrutiny directed his way.

The rest of the rubbish in this thread is utter speculation, and trying to bring down a rider for no good reason at all - perhaps it is jealousy, perhaps you dont like the way he rides...who cares? Just stop trying to bring to trial someone who has not a single piece of evidence against him.

The probability if Cadel wins the Tour is that the idiots in this thread trying to start something against him will move into overdrive trying to discredit a rider with no basis whatsoever, just to deflect attention away from the fact that he might win the race. Get over yourselves.

Cycling has to move on - time to start trusting riders who we think are worthy of being given a chance to be trusted - I would've thought Cadel fits that category (and there are plenty of other riders who do as well). If we are ever to rid the sport of doping, time to stop speculating and start supporting.

11. existence

existence New Member

This is pretty much IMO why the sport goes round in circles on the doping issue. You cant enact change or progress without pain. Pain in this instance is stripping the sport down, withdrawal of almost all major sponsors, reformation of organisational structures and supporters simply turning their backs on the event. Wont happen.

Instead of supporting we should in fact do the complete opposite and ignore. That is, if we want change. If we dont want change and just want racing then by all means carry on supporting.

IMO Cadel is far better off better off taking the high ground and walking out of this years tour. If he wins it he will forever be known as 'the guy who won the most dodgy TDF of all time'. If he comes second he will forever be proud but somewhat unfulfilled.

I'd walk out on my team and say fuck it - I dont want the yellow this year - I'm going home and I've had enough of this shit. If he took the moral high ground (assuming he is clean) then it might help the sport. Then try and find a new team for 08 built around Cadel having a serious tilt at GC.

12. Cavalier

Cavalier New Member

So he should be completely unprofessional, potentially lose the only chance he'll have to win the event, break his employment contract, refuse to work, and yet somehow convince a potential employer that he won't throw all his toys out of the pram in the future just in case someone in another team happens to dope again?
    "I'm so offended you're doping I'm going to quit, even though I could potentially beat you and I'm clean". What a message that is.

13. existence

existence New Member

Its called leadership IMO. If he is clean he is free to state his reasons for withdrawing for honour of the sport.

It would stir the pot even further which is what we need to continue to do. If he feels the competition has become so farcical that it no longer represents the spirit of the TDF then walking away as a clean athlete and stating he will return when it is cleaned up would be a fair position in my mind.

Controversial but fair. I think the French public would buy it. Again its about shifting a culture.

14. Tim Lamkin

Tim Lamkin New Member

YEA sure Cadel is durty.

15. nitrous

nitrous New Member

I agree with smurf 100%. If you're not an Aussie, you wouldn't understand. Cadel doesn't dope. Fact!

16. Tim Lamkin

Tim Lamkin New Member

Keep believing that it will help you sleep.

17. wicklow200

wicklow200 New Member

Why?...because the previous ignoramus said so?...its just that Aussies don't dope?

Take your head out of the sand....look up Mark French. That is a great example.

I wont even bring your most famous doper, Shane Warne, into this, because thats another sport again

18. artemidorus

artemidorus New Member

Thought you were taking the piss in true Aussie fashion, then realised that you're bloody serious, and risibly so. Australian cycling, especially at the AIS, seems to have been a vile den of doping for some time. As for true Aussie dope-free sporting values - I'll give you one word: Thorpedo.

19. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Cricket is a sport?:eek:

;)

20. artemidorus

artemidorus New Member

That honour belongs to Ian Thorpe.