Is Creatine A Steroid?

PSC

Guest
Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid? I take
creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one day
a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid. I was totally shocked with
his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
steroid as the health shop is selling it.
Any reply would be grateful

Regards

Paul C

"PSC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid? I take
> creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one
> day a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid. I was totally shocked
> with his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
> suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
> steroid as the health shop is selling it.
> Any reply would be grateful
>
> Regards
>
> Paul C

I don't know much, but I think the answer is "hell no." It's mostly
something that helps retain water in the muscles, but I would like to hear
an official answer from others here.

But I think it's not even in the same ball park as a steroid.

PSC wrote:
> Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid? I take
> creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one day
> a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid. I was totally shocked with
> his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
> suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
> steroid as the health shop is selling it.
> Any reply would be grateful
>
> Regards
>
> Paul C

No, it's not. Ask the guy to bring you some proof just for the fun of it.

--
Ed
http://www.spweights.com

"PSC" <[email protected]> writes:

> Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid? I
> take creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis,
> then one day a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid. I was
> totally shocked with his remark as I have been buying it from my
> local health shop. This suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous
> and 2, I don't think it is a steroid as the health shop is selling
> it. Any reply would be grateful

Here's what the Muscular Distrophy Association has to say:

http://www.mdausa.org/research/creatine.html

Basically creatine is an amino acid (the basic building block of
proteins) that is produced naturally by your body (of course your body
makes testosterone too, but that doesn't mean that you should
supplement with it).. Creatine serves as a ready energy source for
activities requiring quick bursts of energy (sprints, weightlifting,
etc). Creatine supplementation not only allows you to generate more
force in your workouts (by supplying more energy), but it also has
been shown to aid recovery.

Your buddy at the gym is probably jealous, and is definitely
misinformed.

Whether you use Creatine or not is a personal decision. I don't
(mostly because it's just one more thing :), but lumping Creatine in
with steroids is just stupid and wrong.

Jason

"PSC" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid? I take
>creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one day
>a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid. I was totally shocked with
>his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
>suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
>steroid as the health shop is selling it.
>Any reply would be grateful

IT IS A ROID CUZ IT WILL MAKE U HYOOOGE BUT IT WILL GIVE YOU A BRAIN
TUMOR LIKE LYLE ALZADO
--

JMW
http://www.rustyiron.net

"PSC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid? I take
> creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one

day
> a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid. I was totally shocked with
> his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
> suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
> steroid as the health shop is selling it.
> Any reply would be grateful
>
> Regards
>
> Paul C

Little tip for you as you go through this journey we call life: pay little
or no attention to what the canaille has to say; however, research is its
own reward.

--
Dr. Dickie
Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438

In article <[email protected]>,
"PSC" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid?

No.

> I take
> creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one day
> a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid.

Then your fellow gym user is an idiot.

> I was totally shocked with
> his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
> suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
> steroid as the health shop is selling it.

Or 3, he's an idiot.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

PSC wrote:
> Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid? I take
> creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one day
> a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid. I was totally shocked with
> his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
> suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
> steroid as the health shop is selling it.
> Any reply would be grateful

Jesus, you posted this on the internet with your
REAL NAME? Don't answer the door.

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

Thanks everyone for the reply. I can't wait till I go back to the gym to
see this Jealous ****...lol

Thanks again

PSC <[email protected]> wrote:
>Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid?

No. It's a chemical used in normal muscular action. Steroids
are components of the process of building muscular structures.
Different things.

>I take
>creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one day
>a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid.

He's a dope. But so are you. Your muscles are already
full of creatine, and you get it naturally from food,
so loading up on supplements increases your own store by
only by a few percent (claims of up to 20% aren't credible
and many of the "effects" are psychological, most likely
placebo effects).

>I was totally shocked with
>his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
>suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
>steroid as the health shop is selling it.

The fact that the "health" shop is selling something has
absolutely zero probative value to any nutritional claim.

--Blair
"Which makes it a reference library
compared with Usenet."

JMW <[email protected]> wrote:
>"PSC" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid? I take
>>creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one day
>>a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid. I was totally shocked with
>>his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
>>suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
>>steroid as the health shop is selling it.
>>Any reply would be grateful

>IT IS A ROID CUZ IT WILL MAKE U HYOOOGE BUT IT WILL GIVE YOU A BRAIN
>TUMOR LIKE LYLE ALZADO

You ought to know.

--Blair
"Poster boy."

PSC <[email protected]> wrote:
>Thanks everyone for the reply. I can't wait till I go back to the gym to
>see this Jealous ****...lol

I'm jealous, too.

I'm jealous that I didn't think of selling creatine monohydrate
for $15 a pound first.

--Blair
"The world's full of people
with low self esteem and money."

"Will Brink" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "PSC" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid?

> No.
>
>> I take
>> creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one
>> day
>> a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid.

> Then your fellow gym user is an idiot.
>
>> I was totally shocked with
>> his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
>> suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
>> steroid as the health shop is selling it.

> Or 3, he's an idiot.
>
>> Any reply would be grateful
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Paul C
>>

> --
> Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

Do you rent out space in the brinkzone? I want to live there.

PSC <[email protected]> wrote:
> Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid? I take
> creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one day
> a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid. I was totally shocked with
> his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
> suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
> steroid as the health shop is selling it.
> Any reply would be grateful

There are some training regimes that develop muscle at the expense of brain.

[http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:58:49 -0600, Proton Soup <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:35:45 GMT, "PSC" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid? I take
>>creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one day
>>a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid. I was totally shocked with
>>his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
>>suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
>>steroid as the health shop is selling it.
>>Any reply would be grateful
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Paul C
>>

>I dunno what's up with all the retarded questions about creatine
>suddenly, but I will relay an interesting anecdote. I caught a kid at
>GNC the other day pimping the latest nitric oxide booster to some
>witless customer. And not only was he pimping it HARD, he also had
>the nerve to dis creatine by telling the guy that it can cause
>"bloating". WTF?!?! BLOATING?! That's the marketing equivalent of
>saying that shrinks your nads or something. People associate
>"bloating" with tampons and Midol.
>
>I couldn't believe the nerve of the asshole, so I just decided to butt
>in and tell his customer that not only does creatine work, but it's
>cheap.

As Clint Eastwood once famously said: "You're gonna look pretty stupid
with that knife stuck up your ass"!!

Ugh! It's Monday!!

In article <[email protected]>,
Proton Soup <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:35:45 GMT, "PSC" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Can anyone answer this question please. Is Creatine a steroid? I take
> >creatine half an hour before I go training on a regular basis, then one day
> >a fellow gym user said to me it was a steroid. I was totally shocked with
> >his remark as I have been buying it from my local health shop. This
> >suggests to me 2 things...1 he's jealous and 2, I don't think it is a
> >steroid as the health shop is selling it.
> >Any reply would be grateful
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Paul C
> >

> I dunno what's up with all the retarded questions about creatine
> suddenly, but I will relay an interesting anecdote. I caught a kid at
> GNC the other day pimping the latest nitric oxide booster to some
> witless customer. And not only was he pimping it HARD, he also had
> the nerve to dis creatine by telling the guy that it can cause
> "bloating". WTF?!?! BLOATING?! That's the marketing equivalent of
> saying that shrinks your nads or something. People associate
> "bloating" with tampons and Midol.

Ah, but don't forget that the new forms of creatine and the scammers
selling serum creatine promise you wont get the "bloat" using their
product!

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

Proton Soup <[email protected]> wrote:

>Moron says what?

Clearly, but why did you say it?

--Blair
"Non sequiturs are not an aerobic exercise."