Is current bike suitable?

BattleMoose87

Apr 22, 2013
Hi,

New to these forums. I had this bike bought for me a few months ago and haven't had much chance to ride it properly, due to weather and recurring non-cycle related injury. What I'd like to now is how suitable is this bike for me, bearing in mind I am 6' 4" with 34" inside leg. I've suffered no pains when using this, my knees aren't hitting my upper body or handlebars. I'm just concerned that prolonged use may cause me problems.

I'm also looking into the possibility of selling the bike. How much do you think it is worth in GBP (£)?

Specs are as follow:

"ALUXX 6000 SERIES BUTTED TUBING

GIANT CARBON FRONT FORKS

WHEELSGIANT IOU 333 FRONT WHEEL (6061-T6) with KENDRA KRITERIUM 700cX25 TIRES. SRAM S27 AL COMP REAR WHEEL with KENDRA KRITERIUM 700cX25 TIRES

CHAINSET NEW SHIMANO ULTEGRA 7600 BOTTOM BRACKETNEW REAR SRAM CASSETTE 9 SPEEDNEW SRAM CHAINSHIMANO ULTEGRA CRANKSET 2 SPEED + ULTEGRA CRANK ARMNEW SHIMANO ULTEGRA FRONT MECHNEW SHIMANO ULTEGRA REAR MECH. NEW JAG WIRE CABLES & SLEEVES SHIMANO 105 STEP IN PEDDLES

SEAT NEW SELLE SSS SEATNEW MACH BIKE KIT BAG WITH SPARE TIRESNEW ROYAL CARBON AERO SEAT POST

BRAKESSHIMANO DUAL PIVOT BRAKES FRONT AND BACK WITH GOOD PADSNEW JAG WIRE CABLES & SLEEVES

HANDLEBARS SHIMANO ULTEGRA FLIGHT DECK LEVERS (HAS A FEW MINOR SCRATCHES FROM RESTING AGAINST WALL)CAT EYE STRADA WIRELESS SPEEDOPRO HI COMP CARBON CENTER HANDLE BARS WITH NEW VELO GRIPSNEW EXOTIC CARBON 90mm STEM AND CARBON SPACERS"

(Sorry about the formatting)

Maybe, £300-£400 ... maybe, less!?!

While one would think that a person your height would be more comfortable on a L/XL frame, if you are NOT uncomfortable, then there probably isn't a reason to change it ...

• 'I' would anticipate someone who is 6'4" would want a frame whose TOP TUBE (real or virtual) length would be between 60cm-and-64cm + a 13cm stem ... that is, a combined length (not counting the forward reach of the handlebars) of 73cm-to-77cm ....
  • plus, 46cm wide handlebars

So, while some would say that you probably do need a larger bicycle frame due to your height, you may not ...

Your fitness level will make a difference in the suitable frame size.​

Regardless, if you are inclined toward getting a new bike then you're probably going to be better off if you can simply buy a new frame (i.e., one with a suitable length top tube ... whatever THAT may be ... IF it is different from the top tube length of the current frame) & move the components over to the new frame.

BTW. Unless you are making a STATEMENT of some sort, then you may want to rotate your seatpost 180º from how it is oriented ...

Originally Posted by alfeng .

Maybe, £300-£400 ... maybe, less!?!

While one would think that a person your height would be more comfortable on a L/XL frame, if you are NOT uncomfortable, then there probably isn't a reason to change it ...

• 'I' would anticipate someone who is 6'4" would want a frame whose TOP TUBE (real or virtual) length would be between 60cm-and-64cm + a 13cm stem ... that is, a combined length (not counting the forward reach of the handlebars) of 73cm-to-77cm ....
  • plus, 46cm wide handlebars

So, while some would say that you probably do need a larger bicycle frame due to your height, you may not ...

Your fitness level will make a difference in the suitable frame size.​

Regardless, if you are inclined toward getting a new bike then you're probably going to be better off if you can simply buy a new frame (i.e., one with a suitable length top tube ... whatever THAT may be ... IF it is different from the top tube length of the current frame) & move the components over to the new frame.

BTW. Unless you are making a STATEMENT of some sort, then you may want to rotate your seatpost 180º from how it is oriented ...
Thanks.

Those pictures are the ones I was sent a while ago. I adjusted the seatpost immediately.

the Ultegra crankset, derrailleurs and STI levers standout clearly, even if they are 9 speed, only for those you could get 200 pounds