Is cycling ruining your relationships?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Troy S., Jun 14, 2016.

1. Henrywrites

Henrywrites Member

Creating time for the family is really necessary and making them realize that you truly care is the best way to make things work out. I've been riding for some years now and it's been great for me.

2. treecko142

treecko142 Member

My closest friends all ride a bicycle as well so we can bond over rides and cycling helps improve our relationship. It's the same way with my father who taught me how to ride. My mother can't ride a bike and refuses to be taught but she understands when I want to go outside for a nice bicycle ride.

3. JB Fernandez

JB Fernandez Member

Not in my case. My partner is very supportive about my passion in riding, and she even monitors and giving me a healthy diet to help me maintain my well conditioned body.

4. JB Fernandez

JB Fernandez Member

I gu
    I guess we should make them understand why we are so passionate about riding. Because if they do really value us, surely they will support us all the way as it would make us happy.

5. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

Cycling ruin my relationship? Uhh no! :D

Singles and tandem.

DSCN4555_zpsfnvhi5so.jpg 101715E_zpsxmovcvew.jpg

6. Henrywrites

Henrywrites Member

This is great for riding a bike is even the best way to get to relate well with those that we care about. I've thought my fiance how to ride and it gives me joy when she told me few weeks ago that she is saving up to buy a bike for herself. This is the type of news that makes me to feel really happy at the end of the day.

Mr. Beanz likes this.
  7. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

That is good! My wife has been riding for 20 years with me. Nice because if we have nothing to do, she tells me we should go to the bike store to look at bike accessories and goodies! :)

8. Steve5

Steve5 Member

It hasn't done anything like that to me. Personally, I find that it's unlikely to cause problems in relationships unless the person is taking up so much time that his loved ones are starting to feel neglected or unappreciated. Being physically present with your friends and family is something to prioritize. When you're away or too involved in something, it makes them feel like you don't like them that much.