Is DEDA or Fisk bar tape any good??

ohiobiker

Dec 25, 2005
What is better? Deda or Fisk. I've always used profile design or cenelli. I hear alot about them. I'm not a racer, I do club rides, tours, centuries and trips to the library and grocery store. Comfort is important. Does the embossed DEDA logo disrupt the clean lines of the bars? I'm really anal about symmetry.

ohiobiker said:
What is better? Deda or Fisk. I've always used profile design or cenelli. I hear alot about them. I'm not a racer, I do club rides, tours, centuries and trips to the library and grocery store. Comfort is important. Does the embossed DEDA logo disrupt the clean lines of the bars? I'm really anal about symmetry.
I feel your pain. Personally, I like the Profile wrap. It's cheap, comfy and there's no adhesive to gunk up the bar. Plus the clean look makes for a nice symmetrical finish.

Stella Azzura tape: worked well
Cinelli tape: worked well
Specialized Bar Phat: worked well. Most comfortable.

My favorite is Torelli Moda Chunky. It comes in a gazillion colors (well, 30), it goes on easy, it's got a great feel with good padding, and it lasts for 10,000 miles or more on my bikes.

ohiobiker said:
One small shop in my area carries the Deda, so I tried it.
Very nice.
It's all I use now.

I use black Deda tape (on Deda Newton bars (and stem)) and really dig the embossed logo. Good grip, feels good and seems to wear well. Best I've used :)

My problem isn't so much comfort as it is wear. I go through the cork tape pretty quickly, and the tape I used for years (the vinyl stuff with the little pinholes) that used to last ages and clean easily, is nowhere to be found.

The Deda tape is a little slippery IMO - I like my gloves to really stick and there's not enough friction with the Deda stuff. I'm going back to cork when my current stuff wears out. On my bars the DEDA embossing is at almost the same point on each wrap so there's sort of a trail of DEDAs - if I were anal it would bug me.